HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 01 Jun 2015, 02:02:49 pm
Reading this I'd say town are favourites but money could be a sticking point ,didn't shown a lot for London when we beat them,don't know if he has been playing recently.

Jarrod Sammut’s days at Wakefield appear to be numbered after being told he can leave the club.

The Maltese international never established himself under James Webster’s tenure, making just six appearances in the past 12 months. Despite Webster’s departure, Sammut is still set to go through the exit door, just 16 months after completing his controversial move from the Bradford Bulls. His next destination is not yet known, although Kingstone Press Championship club Workington are thought to be interested in securing his services.

The only potential hope for Sammut’s Wakefield career is in the shape of new head coach Brian Smith, who might have the half-back in his plans.

“For whatever reason Jarrod hasn’t been playing, so we’ll have to see what develops with him. We’ve tried to put a deal together with Jarrod’s agent that will allow him to move on, but for a number of reasons that has yet to happen.” Wakefield Chairman Michael Carter told League Express.

“If anybody has a desire to leave they just need to come and see me. We can sort out a suitable deal for all parties concerned.  What a departure does do is open up a certain amount of the salary cap, so there is some room to manoeuvre for the new head coach if he wants to bring his own players in. The difficulty at the minute is that there isn’t an abundance of players available. It is difficult to find players at this stage of the season.”

Carter also revealed that he turned down an approach for hooker Paul McShane from an unnamed club last week.

Michael Carter’s detailed interview about new head coach Brian Smith is in this week’s League Express, available in stores now.
« Last Edit: 01 Jun 2015, 02:04:53 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 01 Jun 2015, 02:38:52 pm
Alarm bells will be ringing at town  :D

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 01 Jun 2015, 02:45:24 pm
The line about putting a deal together to allow him to move,player obviously won't take a cut just to suit wakey , he may feature in Smith's plans
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline one in all in

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2015, 10:08:39 pm
Looks like town have signed sammut

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2015, 11:19:21 pm
Why is that?

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2015, 12:30:37 pm
If Sammut has signed for Town it'll be because of his connection with Fifita. They have been friends since they were kids, went to school together and played in the same junior teams.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #6 on: 11 Jun 2015, 12:38:49 pm
If Sammut has signed for Town it'll be because of his connection with Fifita. They have been friends since they were kids, went to school together and played in the same junior teams.

i dont think hes signing marra.
born and bred haven.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 11 Jun 2015, 03:26:30 pm

according to a batley fan who was talking to him last night he turned down more money at batley to go to town

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #8 on: 11 Jun 2015, 03:52:31 pm

according to a batley fan who was talking to him last night he turned down more money at batley to go to town
just what i heard marra that he wasnt going town.
born and bred haven.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 11 Jun 2015, 05:48:47 pm

And move house or travel a fair way to training. I don't think so

Offline one in all in

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 11 Jun 2015, 06:23:46 pm
He might just crash at fafita house if there good friends

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 11 Jun 2015, 06:28:12 pm

And move house or travel a fair way to training. I don't think so

Why not? Dave Allen has moved up here.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline downsouth

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 11 Jun 2015, 07:07:53 pm
Training tonight ,

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 11 Jun 2015, 08:29:22 pm
Training tonight ,

If this is regarding sammut, i wud say the pics he has just put on twitter suggest he is at home munching on fish and chips watching the rugby, not training
Up The Haven

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 11 Jun 2015, 09:29:45 pm
Training tonight ,

If this is regarding sammut, i wud say the pics he has just put on twitter suggest he is at home munching on fish and chips watching the rugby, not training

Yeah I seen that as well
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details