HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

july smokeing ban

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #15 on: 24 May 2007, 11:23:58 pm
Our bowling club has already banned smoking on the green and surrounds!!!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline KellsEnder

• Academy Signing
Reply #16 on: 25 May 2007, 04:36:31 pm
A total ban is the way forward!

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 25 May 2007, 04:57:22 pm

Alcohol is also bad for you and makes people turn into idiots, Lets ban alcohol too.

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 25 May 2007, 05:15:27 pm
I tell you what lets ban rugby too, just in case somebody gets hurt!  ;)
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 25 May 2007, 06:37:19 pm
Why  not  designate  an  area  up  a  bit  like  the  toilets behind  the  Kells  end where  they  can  enjoy  a  fag  and  smoke  themselves  into  an  early grave. :(

Offline KellsEnder

• Academy Signing
Reply #20 on: 25 May 2007, 07:20:40 pm

Alcohol is also bad for you and makes people turn into idiots, Lets ban alcohol too.
I thought alcohol was already banned from the terraces? Besides, drinking doesn't directly harm anyone around you, smoking does. Smoke if you like, just don't force it on the rest of us.
« Last Edit: 25 May 2007, 07:22:17 pm by KellsEnder »

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 25 May 2007, 07:30:19 pm

I thought alcohol was already banned from the terraces? Besides, drinking doesn't directly harm anyone around you, smoking does. Smoke if you like, just don't force it on the rest of us.
Drink is as bad, lunatics get lashed and want to fight. so if they are around you, you can get hurt, drink if you like but don't force the rest of us to listen to your drunken slurring.

Offline hawkeye

• Academy Signing
Reply #22 on: 25 May 2007, 09:37:49 pm
I think the 'open plan' design of our ground makes it quite unique. There's no way that the popular side could be described as an enclosed space.

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #23 on: 26 May 2007, 10:28:33 am
would we be able to enforce the ban when we get a big crowd? ???

Offline Herberts Lad

• Academy Signing
Reply #24 on: 26 May 2007, 10:47:02 am
I don't recall any instances of smoke fueled trouble on the terraces, a total ban is an over reaction, alcohol consumption is a bigger concern at rugby / football stadia.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #25 on: 26 May 2007, 11:38:11 am
second hand smoke can kill people why should people have to put up with that people choose not to smoke because they dont want to shorten their lives and stink of smoke but when people around them smoke both still happen
haven till i die

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 26 May 2007, 01:14:38 pm
second hand smoke can kill people why should people have to put up with that people choose not to smoke because they dont want to shorten their lives and stink of smoke but when people around them smoke both still happen

Drunken people attack and kill people, why should we have to put up with that.

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #27 on: 26 May 2007, 01:50:55 pm
 Why should we have to put up with either?!  :-\ I must admit though it would be nice to have a pint in the sunshine whilst watching the game. Like they say - Everything's ok in moderation!
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline KellsEnder

• Academy Signing
Reply #28 on: 26 May 2007, 03:02:55 pm
Drink is as bad, lunatics get lashed and want to fight. so if they are around you, you can get hurt, drink if you like but don't force the rest of us to listen to your drunken slurring.
I think you misread my message - alcohol consumption does not have a direct effect on others around you. Smoking does. What you have described surely depends on the person/persons doing the drinking, while smoke is smoke regardless.

Either way, I think Whitehaven should follow the example of so many other football/rugby grounds and put in place a total ban on smoking and drinking on the terraces. New legislation'll take care of smoking in the bar.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #29 on: 26 May 2007, 05:39:01 pm
would we be able to enforce the ban when we get a big crowd? ???

I suppose it just depends on how you feel about costing YOUR club a ?2,500 fine!!!!!!!!    The fine for the individual is only ?200 but for the "owner" of the premises it can be ?2,500.   
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!