HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

july smokeing ban

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #30 on: 26 May 2007, 08:06:35 pm
why dont the goverment just go the whole hog and ban the sale of cigarets . it just another case of them screwing more money out of us

Offline KellsEnder

• Academy Signing
Reply #31 on: 26 May 2007, 08:11:38 pm
why dont the goverment just go the whole hog and ban the sale of cigarets . it just another case of them screwing more money out of us
Er, the government don't make you smoke. If you were that bothered about the expense you wouldn't smoke in the first place.

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #32 on: 27 May 2007, 08:44:47 am
Er, the government don't make you smoke. If you were that bothered about the expense you wouldn't smoke in the first place.

The goverment would lose millions in tax every year through banning smoking.

If they ban cigarettes watch your Beer, Fuel, Food, basically everything shoot up in price.

Monte2carlo

Reply #33 on: 27 May 2007, 09:27:23 am
How many millions or billions would the government actually loose in tax on cigarettes ? Probably nowhere near the figures that are picked out by pro smokers

Smoking in public places should be banned, you can't compare smoking to drinking.

I had to work in a room full of smokers for nearly 10 years, i used to come home stinking of fags, bad eyes, and sore throats.

IT IS A SELFISH HABIT THAT DIRECTLY AFFECTS PEOPLE AROUND YOU

Monte

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #34 on: 27 May 2007, 11:56:55 am
How many millions or billions would the government actually loose in tax on cigarettes ? Probably nowhere near the figures that are picked out by pro smokers

Smoking in public places should be banned, you can't compare smoking to drinking.

I had to work in a room full of smokers for nearly 10 years, i used to come home stinking of fags, bad eyes, and sore throats.

IT IS A SELFISH HABIT THAT DIRECTLY AFFECTS PEOPLE AROUND YOU

Monte

Me too only for about 18 months. It's filthy and particularly pointless!
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #35 on: 27 May 2007, 07:38:56 pm

The goverment would lose millions in tax every year through banning smoking.

If they ban cigarettes watch your Beer, Fuel, Food, basically everything shoot up in price.

How much do smokers cost us in NHS costs with ill-health through smoking??????
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline KellsEnder

• Academy Signing
Reply #36 on: 27 May 2007, 09:59:32 pm
How much do smokers cost us in NHS costs with ill-health through smoking??????
Spot on, Keith! The losses, if any, would be marginal.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #37 on: 10 Jun 2007, 02:19:13 pm
would we be able to enforce the ban when we get a big crowd? ???

I suppose it just depends on how you feel about costing YOUR club a ?2,500 fine!!!!!!!!    The fine for the individual is only ?200 but for the "owner" of the premises it can be ?2,500.   

as far as i am aware, if you light up and are asked by the "owners" to put it out and you do, but then re-light, the "owners" will not be fined as they are trying to do their job and uphold the laws, if however you arent requested to put it out then the "owners" would be fined...... i think!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #38 on: 10 Jun 2007, 09:21:32 pm
I heard the other day that Allerdale council had taken on 3 new members of staff to enforce the No Smoking, so I presume Copeland will be doing the same!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!