HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Trindall

XIII · 12 · 1338

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
on: 14 May 2007, 09:23:32 pm
Made a point about this bloke on another thread and then it occurred to me this bloke deserves a thread of his own.

He came here last year with high hopes and to be fair got off to a slow start due to ongoing ankle problems and slotting into a new team.   People were expecting a blockbusting, tackle breaking prop and after five games we were looking at each other thinking when is it going to happen.

Slowly but surely fans grew to notice a different kind of effectivness each time the ball is taken in there is a guarnteed ten meters, three taklers are drawn in and made to work to put  him down,  a quick clean play of the ball always follows.  He will often do this two or more times in a set of six tackles.  In the course of a game it often appears he is taking in 25 % of the haven ball and he is often on the field for 65 -75 minutes.

He rarely if ever has missed a game despite playing in the toughest postion on the field and doing a huge amount of work. 

Quite  frankly with injuries to Fats he has single handledly (at times) held together the Whitehaven front row over the last 18 months. 

For a bloke who has 140 plus games in the Aus NRL and 40 plus games in SL his endevour, quality, enthuiasam and professionalism are quite remarkable at this stage in  his career.

As value for money this bloke has been worth every penny the club has spent on him, a huge rap for his efforts and if he does decide to go around again next year i for one would be very pleased.

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 14 May 2007, 10:05:21 pm
me too class player when at his best, trindall what a legend :)

popularsider

Reply #2 on: 14 May 2007, 10:06:46 pm
trindall is quality i cant belive people were ever knocking him you could tell he was going to be a good signing

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 14 May 2007, 11:12:11 pm
He's a class player hope he does another season like.

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 15 May 2007, 08:56:50 am
Another season from Trindall would be excellent, especially if he does come off quota next year.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 15 May 2007, 09:17:52 pm
talking about trindall who seen his kick on sunday you might haven just seen whitehaven rlfc new scrum half  ;D

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

popularsider

Reply #6 on: 15 May 2007, 10:41:34 pm
trindall should be kicking for touch  ;D

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 17 May 2007, 03:23:18 pm
Another season from Trindall would be excellent, especially if he does come off quota next year.

how does he come off the quota , the residentcey rule no longers counts so he would have to get a eu passport
THE MULLET IS BACK

popularsider

Reply #8 on: 17 May 2007, 04:21:55 pm
he would have lived in the uk for 5 years i think ??? wich entitles him to apply for uk citzenship

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 17 May 2007, 04:28:34 pm
he would have lived in the uk for 5 years i think ??? wich entitles him to apply for uk citzenship

that was the rfl,s residencey  5 year rule which is no longer in use the rfl stopped it so i dont see how he can come of the quota
THE MULLET IS BACK

popularsider

Reply #10 on: 17 May 2007, 04:36:40 pm
when did that rule stop  ???

i remember reading an article with ben jefferies who said

"i wil have been here 5 years next season wich entitles me to apply for british citezen ship and play for great britain, if they want me to!"

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 27 May 2007, 04:45:23 pm
Another big effort by the big BULL. He has always been a workhorse, you look at his work rate figures and he has as good as the best.
haha i had a laugh at the kick, not often a front rower kicks ;D. top effort.