HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Well done lads!

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
on: 27 May 2007, 04:49:34 pm
Great effort lads, keep going ;D
Nice work Seeds and outstanding defense by Trindall.

Go Haven.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 27 May 2007, 05:55:31 pm
Thought the game was spoiled today by a Barrow team who came to spoil and slow the game down, and by the Ref who allowed it to happen.

We again seemed to lack direction, personally i would have left Matty at 9, Smith at 13 and brought Lester off the bench. Jackson is solid in centre, but thats 4 tries in 2 games were his bad positioning has cost us.
Hopefully we can put a strong team out on Thurs, maybe Jacko back, and young Benson playing if Maden isnt back.

TW

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #2 on: 27 May 2007, 06:21:24 pm
Yea great game today haven, barrow looked very strong and the ref well wat can i say he was crap !!!
as i say another win and a great draw in the semis against fax, lets hope we can keep our form going and put in a great performance againt dews on telly and show widnes and cas that we are a top team hu deserves a side in sl !!!!

COME ON HAVEN !!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Tommy43

Reply #3 on: 27 May 2007, 06:27:18 pm
Jackson is solid in centre, but thats 4 tries in 2 games were his bad positioning has cost us.

Jackson played on the wing.

Game was spoiled for me by the Barrow supporters, all women with big gobs who now nowt about the game

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 27 May 2007, 06:38:41 pm
A  bit  like  Fax  game  last  week.  Poor  1st  half.  Too  many  silly  errors  but  Barrow  played  some  good  stuff.

2nd  half  was  much  better.  Had  we  kicked  more  goals  in  would  have  given  the  score  more  respectability.

Fletch  awesome  again.  Trindall  did  well  in  defence.  Matty  and  Smith  also  put  in  some  hardwork

Probably  biggest  downside  was  the  injuries.  Rudd's  could  be  a  groin.  Bannister's  was  an  ankle  wich  should  be  OK  for  Thursday.  Biggest  doubt  will  be  Jackson  if  it  is  his  hamstring  but  hopefully  Maden  will  be  back.
« Last Edit: 27 May 2007, 06:40:58 pm by whitehavenRLforever »

Offline Bransty Lad

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 27 May 2007, 06:48:36 pm
Its these poor first halves that will cost us against the stronfer teams. Cas and Widnes will have the game won by half time. We may even see it against Leigh in two weeks time.

Its quite worrying to see our players walking back after a tackle only ten or fifteen minutes in to a game. quick play the balls will destroy us.

I think we are playing to much one man rugby. We showed today and in a number of other matches that when we play rugby and move the ball about we are a class team. It just doesn't happen often enough for my liking.I just hope we can still say well a win is a win no mater how you get it because I think our luck will run out.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 27 May 2007, 07:11:34 pm
Thought the game was spoiled today by a Barrow team who came to spoil and slow the game down, and by the Ref who allowed it to happen.

We again seemed to lack direction, personally i would have left Matty at 9, Smith at 13 and brought Lester off the bench. Jackson is solid in centre, but thats 4 tries in 2 games were his bad positioning has cost us.
Hopefully we can put a strong team out on Thurs, maybe Jacko back, and young Benson playing if Maden isnt back.

TW

And before that Jackson had cost us tries at Batley & Donny with his failure to deal with kick offs

popularsider

Reply #7 on: 28 May 2007, 12:26:45 am
but it was matty who knocked on from the kick off  ::)

newton

Reply #8 on: 28 May 2007, 03:32:29 pm
so???????? one slip matty more than made up for an error wasnt the only one and it did not determ the result