HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Championship Shield (Super 8's etc)

Martin · 108 · 7028

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
on: 29 Jun 2015, 12:44:13 pm
If your as confused as I was about what happens after the regular season ends you may find this useful, also makes it plain how important it is to finish in our present position  :nod:

http://www.rugbyleaguechampionships.co.uk/rlnewera

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 29 Jun 2015, 12:57:26 pm
If your as confused as I was about what happens after the regular season ends you may find this useful, also makes it plain how important it is to finish in our present position  :nod:

as clear as mud , but am i right in saying we could finish 8th and still have an away game to any of the teams below us....if so how is that fair or just reward
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #2 on: 29 Jun 2015, 01:00:27 pm

as clear as mud , but am i right in saying we could finish 8th and still have an away game to any of the teams below us....if so how is that fair or just reward

Exactly what I was thinking, looks like if we finish 8th we will have the Easier teams away and the Harder teams at Home. Personally I would much prefer to have Batley, Hunslet, Donny and Town at Home, playing the three teams above us away

Might be worth finishing 9th instead of 8th!!!!!
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2015, 01:01:37 pm
If we finish 4th after the split which is where we are now in theory that would give us a semi final against probably halifax Featherstone or London exciting end to the season

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2015, 01:10:01 pm
If we finish 4th after the split which is where we are now in theory that would give us a semi final against probably halifax Featherstone or London exciting end to the season
not bothered about end of season, just on getting enough points to stay up, and while 8th gets you 4 home games, one of those is against the 5th placed team(the best of the rest) so really its 3 winables and one very tough one.
then away we would have to play the the remaining teams who finished 6th and 7th (so you play fev or london, or fax, or dews) then the  team who finish second bottom(so away to either town, hunslet, batley , while not getting a home game against them)
so finishing 8th is not the advantage it should be

in short 8th gets you 3 very winable homes games, a very tough home game, 2 very tough away games and one tough but winable away game

which is why we need to take as many points as possible from remaining games, going into the 8's with say a 4 point cushion on some teams could mean a couple of wins in the 8's will see you home
« Last Edit: 29 Jun 2015, 01:14:59 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 29 Jun 2015, 01:11:00 pm

if we finish 8th we play at home to 9th 10th 11th and 5th and away to 6th 7th and 12th would much rather play them games than finish 9th and only get 3 home games

Exactly what I was thinking, looks like if we finish 8th we will have the Easier teams away and the Harder teams at Home. Personally I would much prefer to have Batley, Hunslet, Donny and Town at Home, playing the three teams above us away

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #6 on: 29 Jun 2015, 01:15:21 pm

if we finish 8th we play at home to 9th 10th 11th and 5th and away to 6th 7th and 12th would much rather play them games than finish 9th and only get 3 home games

Spacey, now its been explained like that it doesn't sound too bad, phew
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 29 Jun 2015, 01:16:41 pm
Got it wrong as the table is now we would play hunslet town donny and fev at home london dewsbury and batley away 5 very winnable games there

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #8 on: 29 Jun 2015, 01:27:58 pm
Got it wrong as the table is now we would play hunslet town donny and fev at home london dewsbury and batley away 5 very winnable games there

If those end up being our fixtures, then on current form, we would have to be confident going into every game of competing
« Last Edit: 29 Jun 2015, 01:32:14 pm by jammy dodger »

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 29 Jun 2015, 02:23:50 pm
so I guess the more points we gather before the split gives us a better chance. 4 points + clear of nxt bottom would be nice...

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 29 Jun 2015, 02:28:22 pm
We should be aiming to catch Dewsbury never mind looking down.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 29 Jun 2015, 02:54:16 pm
http://gazshaw.co.uk/rleights/

This guy is doing it team by team and it's being updated on a game by game basis

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 29 Jun 2015, 03:35:21 pm
whoever finishes second bottom is doomed.

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 29 Jun 2015, 03:58:41 pm
whoever finishes second bottom is doomed.

John Laurie (Private Frazer) lives on  ;)

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 29 Jun 2015, 04:11:20 pm
While I hope and expect that it will not happen, are the bottom two (after the 8's) automatically relegated or does the top two in Championship 1 have to meet ground criteria etc, I know Keighley would have no problem but is the Oldham ground up to standard?