HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Dave R

Offline Haven till we die

• Academy Star
  • Grand Final here we come HAVEN!!
    • www.whitehavenrl.co.uk
on: 26 May 2007, 06:27:03 pm
I was told today that the board have had a word with DR, something to do with the team not being very happy. Can anyone shed anymore light on this???

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 26 May 2007, 07:33:41 pm
Not happy about what?  Not aware anything is wrong.  Think this may be a wind up>

lowca

Reply #2 on: 26 May 2007, 08:02:28 pm

Who told you?

Was it a player or a member of the board?

If not just another daft rumour.

• Academy Star
    • www.whitehavenrl.co.uk
Reply #3 on: 26 May 2007, 09:07:38 pm
It came from the fella who does the videos

• Academy Star
    • www.whitehavenrl.co.uk
Reply #4 on: 26 May 2007, 09:11:19 pm

Not happy about what?  Not aware anything is wrong.  Think this may be a wind up>

Sorry I am not winding anyone up I don't believe it that sort of stuff, not unless you meant that they were winding me up >:( :o >:( :o >:( :o >:(

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 26 May 2007, 09:43:18 pm
If Haven are to have a realistic chance this year, all they need is the fire in there bellys, when haven get fired up no one will be able to handle us.It seems to me we start playing when something has rarled the players, no doubt they have the skill they just need to be fired up for the full 80 minutes

Monte2carlo

Reply #6 on: 27 May 2007, 10:15:03 am
I heard a rumour that he has bought a plot of land up at Moresby Parks with Mick and Joel

Monte

• Academy Star
    • www.whitehavenrl.co.uk
Reply #7 on: 27 May 2007, 07:14:16 pm
Lol MONTE!!!!!!!!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 27 May 2007, 10:11:28 pm
i was told today that rotherham had asked to sign a cuple of players and the board had told him he could providing he offloaded fletcher and aaron smith first, anyone on the board care to confirm or squash this one?

and no i aint saying who told me as it may compromise somebodys position within the club, and i'm not saying its true or false i just want to know from the horses mouths
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

popularsider

Reply #9 on: 28 May 2007, 12:30:44 am
if true dont do it fletcher proved his worth today

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 28 May 2007, 01:07:26 am
i was told today that rotherham had asked to sign a cuple of players and the board had told him he could providing he offloaded fletcher and aaron smith first, anyone on the board care to confirm or squash this one?

and no i aint saying who told me as it may compromise somebodys position within the club, and i'm not saying its true or false i just want to know from the horses mouths

Why  would  the  BOD want  to  offload  2  of  our  best  players.

Whoever  your  source  may  be  must  be  living  on  cloud  cuckoo  land

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 28 May 2007, 08:58:33 am
Frankly that just Horse @@@@ No way would the board have said that.  They may have said no to signing players if the budget couldn't straetch to it. (although I thing it should be able to stretch to one more signing given the cup run)

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 28 May 2007, 09:43:06 am
Frankly that just Horse @@@@ No way would the board have said that.  They may have said no to signing players if the budget couldn't straetch to it. (although I thing it should be able to stretch to one more signing given the cup run)

Totally  agree.

If  we  get  to  the  final  then  its  a  game  in front  of  SKY  camera's  as well  as  a  10,000  crowd.  What  with  prize  money  as  well,  Haven  could  make  say  100K  if  gate  receipts  are  shared  out. That  could  fund  3/4  new  signing's  if  they  wanted  to.

havenfan in hull

Reply #13 on: 28 May 2007, 12:27:30 pm
why dont we ship some of the less important players out n replace then with quality instead. get rid of 2 squad players n bring in 1 quality player.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 28 May 2007, 05:04:53 pm
Which qulaity player or players are available?