HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Rapley Report into Rugby League in West Cumbria

fazza · 94 · 3343

Offline touchjudge57

• First Team Backup
Reply #90 on: 04 Aug 2015, 04:51:47 pm
The review was finished in December 2014 and the report was with both clubs in January2015 for them to arrange a meeting to discuss it.  The meeting with the RFL was held on 20th June 2015 and apparently the RFL are waiting for both clubs reaction before they publish the report.    I believe most of the consultation was by sending out questionnaires to people who bought tickets for the World Cup matches at Workington so not necessarily people from Cumbria or even west Cumbria.

If as you say Keith, that most of the consultation was done with people who bought tickets for the World Cup then in reiterates my belief that the RFL are just paying lip service to the game in this area. A true representation of those that love and know the game would be to canvas the people that watch the game on a Saturday and Sunday afternoon on all weathers. Not those that turn up for a one off event.
« Last Edit: 04 Aug 2015, 04:54:47 pm by touchjudge57 »

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #91 on: 04 Aug 2015, 05:06:32 pm
The review was finished in December 2014 and the report was with both clubs in January2015 for them to arrange a meeting to discuss it.  The meeting with the RFL was held on 20th June 2015 and apparently the RFL are waiting for both clubs reaction before they publish the report.    I believe most of the consultation was by sending out questionnaires to people who bought tickets for the World Cup matches at Workington so not necessarily people from Cumbria or even west Cumbria.

If as you say Keith, that most of the consultation was done with people who bought tickets for the World Cup then in reiterates my belief that the RFL are just paying lip service to the game in this area. A true representation of those that love and know the game would be to canvas the people that watch the game on a Saturday and Sunday afternoon on all weathers. Not those that turn up for a one off event.

As someone that bought World Cup tickets for games in Cumbria as well as other venues I certainly have not been "consulted"!!! Maybe there has only been a select few that were "consulted". Be interesting to know if anyone who bought tickets has been contacted and what questions were asked and how those questions were phrased.

Des

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #92 on: 04 Aug 2015, 05:58:43 pm
Why not publish the bloody thing!! We are all here guessing not only what's in it but how it all came about. Getting close to the Chilcott inquiry. For myself It's pretty well known that the RFL and Sky are disinterested in Cumberland never mind Cumbria at large. Many people along the M62 corridor consider us as the poor relations and only get excited when one of our lads shows up for one of their clubs. I should know I live among them.
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #93 on: 04 Aug 2015, 07:53:03 pm
The Report will and is a total waist of time and money, the most  important thing about rugby league is the players from both the grassroots clubs  through to the pros along with the supporters, none of these mentioned have been approached for their opinions, so how has this report been drawn up and were has the information came from.