HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

vouchers for final

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
on: 27 May 2007, 10:26:43 pm
IF haven reach the NRC final tickets will be snapped up, as usual, by the part-timers and those who only come along to give us a bad name,

the club dont care because they will make money from the ticket sales!!!

so, how about at the doncaster match vouchers are given out, and when the season ticket holders have bought their final tickets the next batch will be sold to voucher holders, ensuring that all regular fans get a ticket before the part timers?

reallistically its the only game it could be done at as the sheffield game is only 1 week before the final!!

any thoughts?
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

popularsider

Reply #1 on: 28 May 2007, 12:59:04 am
well said marra

haven1985

Reply #2 on: 28 May 2007, 11:24:20 am
will season ticket holders get first shout if we make the final

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 28 May 2007, 11:31:27 am
We better had, it takes the mick when u cant get hold if tickets and you go to all the games ! ! ! !

Offline strongest fireman

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 28 May 2007, 11:49:40 am
Great idea, but will the club go for it?
i will be going (hopefully) & if Haven dont make it to the final (cant see that happening)
I will be supporting Fax.
think it will prob be against Widnes

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 28 May 2007, 03:49:10 pm
Great idea, but will the club go for it?
i will be going (hopefully) & if Haven dont make it to the final (cant see that happening)
I will be supporting Fax.
think it will prob be against Widnes

will the club go for it?
like i said in earlier post probably not
they dont care who buys them as long as they are sold really

i would imagine season ticket holders will get 1st dibs, usually is the case< and rightly so>

if a voucher system were used for everyone else, and it was common knowledge, it might swell the doncaster crowd too!

but remember everyone at this moment in time its a BIG IF!!!
of course we have to beat halifax 1st

or why not set out to sell tickets immediately after the halifax game, providing we have beaten them?
i know it would be impossible to have printed tickets ready but if you paid there and then you would be given a slip to hand in when the tickets are available!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense

Monte2carlo

Reply #6 on: 28 May 2007, 04:59:34 pm
Good call Yeti,

where were the missing 1600 fans yesterday ? They will want tickets for the final

Monte

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 28 May 2007, 05:08:03 pm
true
i thought for a derby game in the 1/4 finals of the NRC with pish all on tv we could have got well over 2000
possibly even looking closer to 2700-3000
absolutely dreadful crowd figure

wot can we do to get people to come down on a sunday afternoon?
the reverand, big mac

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 28 May 2007, 06:57:05 pm
It's not just a Haven problem. All 4 NRC ties had low attendances and Challenge Cup crowds, except for the final, have been poor for a number of years

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 28 May 2007, 07:08:10 pm
IF haven reach the NRC final tickets will be snapped up, as usual, by the part-timers and those who only come along to give us a bad name,

the club dont care because they will make money from the ticket sales!!!

so, how about at the doncaster match vouchers are given out, and when the season ticket holders have bought their final tickets the next batch will be sold to voucher holders, ensuring that all regular fans get a ticket before the part timers?

reallistically its the only game it could be done at as the sheffield game is only 1 week before the final!!

any thoughts?

Good idea in theory BUT i know of a few lads who don't miss games but on the weekend of the Donnie game they are away on a stag weekend, is it fair that these diehards miss out because of a stag weekend.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 28 May 2007, 10:02:35 pm
It's not just a Haven problem. All 4 NRC ties had low attendances and Challenge Cup crowds, except for the final, have been poor for a number of years

i know what you're saying but to be honest i couldnt care less about low attendences anywhere else, i worry about our gates and lack of ability to attract more people down
the reverand, big mac

Monte2carlo

Reply #11 on: 28 May 2007, 11:42:56 pm
Big fella,

you want to worry about the scousers finishing 2008 without the premier league trophy again. We will get bigger home gates at the business end of the season

Monte

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 29 May 2007, 10:47:41 am
I don't think they'll be many problems getting hold of tickets for the final IF we get there. I think Blackpool has a bigger capacity than Widnes and its usually tight in the playoff finals because they have 3 games on one day. I dont think that happens at the Rail Cup final so I would assume that they will be enough tickets available for everyone. Lets just win the semi first before counting any chickens, being a Haven fan for a while I always look on the black side and expect the wheels to fall off at any moment, hopefully not this time though. It would be great to go to Blackpool for a weekend away, sort of a mini Wembley weekend to watch Haven in a Final.

Offline REDBECKROAD

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 29 May 2007, 05:09:37 pm
Blackpool's ground holds approx 12000.

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 30 May 2007, 06:15:19 pm
i think its a good idea in general but not for me ha ha

my sister gets married on the day of the doncaster match in warrington so i wouldnt be able to attend that game for obvious reasons!

so could something also be looked at so that myself and possiby other people in the same situation( i know of at least two other people who are attending the same wedding who hardly ever miss a game)  could get a voucher, or am i being selfish?? 

by the way i aint a part timer!!