HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

missed chance by sky

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #15 on: 23 Jun 2007, 03:44:53 pm
I think you will find, the Sky pictures are about 5 seconds behind the Radio Commentary, so unless you have   Sky Plus and watch the game 5 secs delayed the Radio commentary is no good to you.

TW

I tried listeneing to the Barrow - Crusaders game on Radio Cumbria online, whilst watching the Welsh channel, and there was a delay BUT is there a delay if you listen to the normal radio commentary (i.e. not online)???
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #16 on: 24 Jun 2007, 10:17:05 am
The pictures on Sky are transmitted by sending a signal up to the Satellite which is then beamed down to your dish the Satellite is in orbit  22,000 miles or so up in the air ! I can remember reading ages ago that it takes approx 3.5 seconds to get to your telly. Radio signals are only coming from less than 50 miles away, the commentary reaches Carlisle on a phone line, so you hear that just about the actual time it happens. 

havenfan in hull

Reply #17 on: 24 Jun 2007, 10:34:06 am
i tell u what im glad this match aint on sky today coz with this weather i dont think we woulda got a big crowd if it was on tv. i hope that fans dont stay away coz the weather because fax fans wont they have already got there tickets booked so they all be here. hopefull will have dryed up by 3

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 24 Jun 2007, 11:41:01 am
it gave cloudy for 3.00 whats it doing down there now?

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #19 on: 24 Jun 2007, 11:45:24 am
its cloudy. but quite bright,  light rain, quite warm if it stops raining could be nice .....  ;)

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 24 Jun 2007, 06:13:59 pm
What  a  missed  opportunity  by  SKY.  They  show  1  game  over  the  weekend  which  was  a  1  sided  international.

Instead  they  could  have  shown  2  much  better  NRC  games.

Still  their  loss.  They'll  learn  some  day :(

Offline fairweather

• Academy Signing
Reply #21 on: 24 Jun 2007, 10:06:08 pm
It will be better for Haven if Sky leave the Haven fuxtures alone.
Carlisle football lost money when their matches were shown on sky.
This was due the cash received from sky being less than the money lost of gate receipts.
There's enough people in Whitehaven who would rather sit in the pub or at home than make the short journey to the rec.
Its best not to give people the excuse not to come to the home games.

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #22 on: 25 Jun 2007, 07:27:22 pm
is the final on sky ?
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #23 on: 25 Jun 2007, 07:28:30 pm
Yes the final is on Sky

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #24 on: 25 Jun 2007, 07:31:45 pm
Thanks marra  :D does anyone know the time and which  sky sports channel i know its a bit early but just cos i go away next sunday (GUTTED) !! :( and im gonna find sumwhere to watch it lol
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)