HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

bamber going?

Guest · 47 · 6399

Offline Haven sent

• Academy Signing
Reply #30 on: 11 Jul 2007, 08:31:31 pm
Where would you play Benson ???? not in the same league as GB ain't quick enough for the wing!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #31 on: 11 Jul 2007, 09:42:21 pm
Benson or Mcavoy are not ready for first team every week.  But as Benson has shown when he gets his chance he never lets us down.  McAvoy shown against a very poor donny side he is one for the future.

Offline daniluvsdis

• Academy Star
  • Danielle =)
Reply #32 on: 22 Jul 2007, 08:23:29 pm
I heard that Bamber and some of the other acadamy were leaving cuz they werent getting paid on time or sumthing. They were blaming this on Gary Hewer (the coach) who it has nothing to do with
Rugby League isn't just a game, a sport.. It's a way of life <3

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #33 on: 22 Jul 2007, 08:26:30 pm
well bamber and some u21 were there today cheering haven on, not the actions of people leaving the club

must try harder
THE MULLET IS BACK

popularsider

Reply #34 on: 22 Jul 2007, 08:27:51 pm
they aint leaving simple as that

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #35 on: 22 Jul 2007, 10:24:46 pm
well bamber and some u21 were there today cheering haven on, not the actions of people leaving the club

must try harder

If DR is still in charge next season Bamber is gone....FACT.
I play RU with him at Moresby so don't tell me to try harder when i know the facts and you m,ake them up.

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #36 on: 23 Jul 2007, 01:50:51 pm
I heard that Bamber and some of the other acadamy were leaving cuz they werent getting paid on time or sumthing. They were blaming this on Gary Hewer (the coach) who it has nothing to do with

If they're leaving because they're not getting paid on time, then why would they even be remotedly be interested in going to town, who have over the years been notorious for not paying their players.

:D

Offline Topfan

• Academy Signing
Reply #37 on: 23 Jul 2007, 10:59:09 pm
Should Bamber , or any other player at the club who is 21 or under , leave the club ,then its worth remembering that the club signing them would have to pay a a four figure transfer fee  to the Haven . I think that would cool a lot of clubs interest , especially the club referred to earlier in this thread  ???

Offline troutmaster

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 24 Jul 2007, 03:36:30 pm
i have to disagree with full80Min's about his comment on town not paying wages,this board have never been behind with payments to players whether full time or part time and the under 21s.i have to agree though in the past we had a tendency to pay late and that also ****ed off the players as it would me,but not anymore ,so please look up your information and you will see that the club has  not been late on payments since the new board took over.if young bambers come to town he will be a good asset to the club,i rate bamber very highly and if haven marra is correct he will be made more than welcome as have the other haven lads who have come over to town lately.personally the only player i have any gripe about is marc cox,i wish you would take him back,he is nothing but a bully and not a good one at that.as a player he is well past his sell by date and i cannot understand why the club keep on playing him.he always leads with the elbow and that in my books is just dirty and can do a lot of damage to any youngster who happens to tackle him.now dean vaughan is a classic example of a player from haven to town,at first deano was very surprised by the welcome he got from the players and the club, and his comments were. (i wish i had come here years ago)not bad for an haven legend to come out with that.anyway disappointed with haven at blackpool but i am not the only one,some fans from haven have said a few choice words but that will all be forgot with the next win.would love to see you in div1 but i doubt it.

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #39 on: 24 Jul 2007, 03:47:38 pm
i have to disagree with full80Min's about his comment on town not paying wages,this board have never been behind with payments to players whether full time or part time and the under 21s.

Crack I heard was that they pay on time but the cheques can be a bit rubbery.

The best comment I'ver seen for a long time though has to be this one.

at first deano was very surprised by the welcome he got from the players and the club, and his comments were. (i wish i had come here years ago)not bad for an haven legend to come out with that

Dean Vaughan a Haven legend  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

popularsider

Reply #40 on: 24 Jul 2007, 03:48:48 pm
i think deano wanted to leave haven for along time trouty as he wasnt getting picked by steve mack the same could be said for gary purdham. both were regular starters under paul cullen but when steve mack came in both were not needed as steve brought in his own players im guessing thats why dean said those comments

Offline troutmaster

• Academy Star
Reply #41 on: 26 Jul 2007, 05:06:14 pm
i was under the impression that dean vaughan was a very popular player at haven,if i am mistaken then my apologies to recre for thinking that he was a legend at haven.but have to say he has done a cracking good job at town,and along with Gary purdham he has been a big player in every game he has competed in for town.popularsider many thanks for the reply,i guess you are right in your reply, and i have always thought they were two good stalwarts for haven over the years and always gave good service.but you are right again when you say about steve McCormack coming in as they did not fit into his plans.thanks to you both.troutmaster.................

popularsider

Reply #42 on: 26 Jul 2007, 06:08:59 pm
2002 i think dean was voted player of the year and was linked to both warrington and london broncos

Offline Future

• Academy Star
Reply #43 on: 27 Jul 2007, 10:19:06 pm
Bamber  was at widnes in V I P lounge before match talking to widnes officals as any one heard any thing

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #44 on: 28 Jul 2007, 02:43:59 am
it said on the radio he was on the sideline shouting at haven telling them what to do i dont think he will leave haven the club arent gonna be stupid enough to let the future scrum half leave haven