HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

IS THE RECRE THE PLACE FOR US?

Guest · 7 · 747

WHITEHAVENHERO

on: 01 Jun 2007, 03:06:23 am
OK guy?s I have been going down to the recre since 1969 when my dad first took me to a game, I still stand in the same place as me and my dad always stood until he passed away in 2000. I only live 5 mins walk from the railway entrance of the ground, so as you can see I have some very fond memories of this ground & feel very sentimental about it. But the thing is the club is now being held up big time by greedy people who are holding out for silly money now that they know the area is to be redeveloped.  Also I think the Miners trust has to much say in the land down there. Can the local council not compulsory purchase this land from them? After all it is for the good of the town and not just a hand full of board or trustees members thinking they hold all the aces in their hand.
?What can we the supporters do? Why not get a bloody load of us to go stand out side the council offices, inform Border TV, The Whitehaven News lets show them we want something done. We are called the pride of West Cumbria, Why can we not have a ground to match that statement? A ground to be proud off!
Like I said I would be sorry to move from the recre but I think the time as come we must seriously give it some thought, ?Any Suggestions for a new ground folks?
I see no ground improvements occurring any where. I used to come on this site quite allot 3 seasons ago and use to listen to all the waffle then about the ground being ready for super league, allot of you guys told me to come back on next season and this was 3 years ago, you guy?s were saying back then you keep watching out your window mate and you will see the ground improvement. Guess what even though the trees have grown quite allot taller and I can not see as much of the ground as I use to from my window the only new thing I see is a score board and that?s knackered.
So I see the same thing happening again this season, if we are lucky enough to win the final what we going to say to Super League again this time. Eeerrmmm we nearly ready, we promise you we will have the ground up to Super League standard for the beginning of the new season. How many times have they heard that from us?  No wonder they never take us seriously.
They must think the same thing every time, here are these jokers spouting out the same old rubbish.  I hate to say this but as Donkey Park not got more of a chance of getting into super league before us?
« Last Edit: 01 Jun 2007, 03:14:08 am by WHITEHAVENHERO »

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 01 Jun 2007, 01:12:00 pm
Well said marra your not the only one thinking  that way last season we were told June start date. There was a meeting  the other week but wont hold my breath lol. They've made it and themselves look nothing but a joke.
When it comes to them saying dates now i,l believe when there working on the ground.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 01 Jun 2007, 01:39:58 pm
there is one major problem with a new ground for haven<other than the cost, and our god awful councils lack of backing the team>

in whitehaven there is a serious lack of suitable ground to use for developing into an acceptable stadium.

had the underground been in a safe suitable condition, then the ideal location would have been my old workplace at marchon, imagine a 12-15,000 all seater stadium up there, with decent facilities, plenty of parking spaces, a small conference centre, a couple of bars, etc etc
oh if only!!!

the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 01 Jun 2007, 02:24:59 pm
if i win the lottery al back it

Monte2carlo

Reply #4 on: 01 Jun 2007, 02:32:54 pm
I wonder if there is any cheap land up at the old Marchon site for a new ground ?

Monte

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 01 Jun 2007, 03:20:32 pm
OK guy?s I have been going down to the recre since 1969 when my dad first took me to a game, I still stand in the same place as me and my dad always stood until he passed away in 2000. I only live 5 mins walk from the railway entrance of the ground, so as you can see I have some very fond memories of this ground & feel very sentimental about it. But the thing is the club is now being held up big time by greedy people who are holding out for silly money now that they know the area is to be redeveloped.  Also I think the Miners trust has to much say in the land down there. Can the local council not compulsory purchase this land from them? After all it is for the good of the town and not just a hand full of board or trustees members thinking they hold all the aces in their hand.
?What can we the supporters do? Why not get a bloody load of us to go stand out side the council offices, inform Border TV, The Whitehaven News lets show them we want something done. We are called the pride of West Cumbria, Why can we not have a ground to match that statement? A ground to be proud off!
Like I said I would be sorry to move from the recre but I think the time as come we must seriously give it some thought, ?Any Suggestions for a new ground folks?
I see no ground improvements occurring any where. I used to come on this site quite allot 3 seasons ago and use to listen to all the waffle then about the ground being ready for super league, allot of you guys told me to come back on next season and this was 3 years ago, you guy?s were saying back then you keep watching out your window mate and you will see the ground improvement. Guess what even though the trees have grown quite allot taller and I can not see as much of the ground as I use to from my window the only new thing I see is a score board and that?s knackered.
So I see the same thing happening again this season, if we are lucky enough to win the final what we going to say to Super League again this time. Eeerrmmm we nearly ready, we promise you we will have the ground up to Super League standard for the beginning of the new season. How many times have they heard that from us?  No wonder they never take us seriously.
They must think the same thing every time, here are these jokers spouting out the same old rubbish.  I hate to say this but as Donkey Park not got more of a chance of getting into super league before us?

Welcome back Spacehaven.   Nothings changed yes but as I keep saying don't blame the Miners Trustees their hands are tied every bit as much as the board of directors and they have to do what the Coal Industry Social Welfare Organisation and Charity Commission tell them   People keep going on about the council but until they can compulsorily purchase the land from the charity (the Whitehaven Social Welfare Centre) then their hands are also tied.   
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #6 on: 01 Jun 2007, 04:34:21 pm
Hi Keith how you been keeping mate, I thought I would come back on and see if all them guys who said to me instead of having a go, just watch and see the new ground take shape, that was in 2004. But eh guess they were right in 3 years they built that monumental score board, to low to the ground and of supreme components, they told us it was state of the art. Don't know about that, at least with the old semaphore one we had we knew what the scores were?
Anyway I said I would be back to say ner ner when things went pair shaped.  Life goes on but nothing seems to change Keith, it's getting beyond a joke now though. I think the ground could be ready for 2110? Do you think Town will let us ground share with them?  :o Right better make a quick get away before they send a lynching party out for me. AGAIN  :-\