HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Whitehaven RLFC join Parliamentary Rugby League Group

Offline Amanda

• First Team Backup
Whitehaven RLFC join Parliamentary Rugby League Group

Whitehaven RLFC have joined the Parliamentary Rugby League Group as an Associate Member.

The Cumbrian club join fellow Championship competitors Hunslet, as well as Super League Clubs Huddersfield Giants, Hull KR, Leeds Rhinos, Warrington Wolves and Wigan Warriors. Community clubs Bramley Buffaloes and Brentwood Eels are also Associate Members, whilst Chicago Stockyarders became the Group’s first international club member earlier this year.

In addition to clubs, the Group welcomes other organisations and individuals who agree to the Group’s sole aim to “support the sport of rugby league football” as Associate Members.  Associate Members may attend Group meetings in the Palace of Westminster, held monthly whilst Parliament is sitting, as well as its annual dinner taking place in November this year.

Group Chairman, Leeds North West MP Greg Mulholland, welcomed Whitehaven. “It’s great that Whitehaven have joined the Parliamentary Rugby League Group. They are very welcome and I and other Members look forward to hearing their thoughts.”

MP for Copeland and long-time Whitehaven supporter, Jamie Reed, commented “I am very proud that Whitehaven have joined the Parliamentary Group.  It is great to see a Cumbrian representative among the Group’s Associate Membership, and I look forward to welcoming club representatives to Parliament in the future.”

Whitehaven Chairman, Tom Todd, added his thoughts. “On behalf of Whitehaven RLFC, I am delighted that we have joined the Parliamentary Rugby League Group in this historic 120th anniversary of the foundation of the sport. The Group has played an important role in rugby league for over 26 years, and we look forward to meeting MPs, Peers and fellow Associate Members in Parliament to discuss the game.”

Amanda Hewer

GM