HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Blackpool Knock Knox for 6!

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 19 Jun 2007, 05:34:17 pm
From Newsandstar.co.uk

WHITEHAVEN-BORN Simon Knox has been sacked as coach of Workington Town?s rivals Blackpool Panthers after losing all 11 League Two outings this term.

League legend Andy Gregory, the former Great Britain and Wigan scrum-half, has taken over for the rest of the season.

Ex-Hensingham amateur Knox started was one of a select band to feature for Haven, Workington Town, Carlisle Raiders and Barrow during his playing career.

But it was with mighty Bradford Bulls in Super League that he enjoyed his glory days.

During his four-year stint at Odsal, Bradford won the Super League title in 1997 and he played in two heart-breaking Challenge Cup final defeats at Wembley against St Helens.

The well-travelled Knox, now 34, also starred for Leigh, Widnes and Halifax before opting for a career in coaching.

?I?m gutted for him,? said Haven boss Dave Rotheram today. ?I know he tried really hard at Blackpool.

?He even strapped on his boots again this season, which shows how committed he was to them.

?But it was obviously a difficult situation and I know he struggled to recruit players. He asked me this season about the possibility of loaning players from us, but we were struggling for numbers at the time.?

League Two Blackpool looked to pull off a shock Northern Rail Cup win over Haven at Flyde this term.

They led 14-0 early on and headed Haven 18-14 in the second-half before Rotheram?s men powered back for a 32-18 win.

They now lie bottom of NL2, with only four bonus points to show for their efforts.

๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2007, 06:47:50 pm
Well poor guy tried his best, But loosing 11 from 11 some ones head had to be chopped I suppose.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2007, 06:50:29 pm
he must have got tips from wurzil lol :D

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 2007, 07:26:11 pm
no sympathy here im afraid never liked him said haven were unprofessional when he played here and done naff all himself. also branded us f****** jameaters on rugby league raw and then come over to haven fans after 1st grand final just to wind us up. forgotten his roots if you ask me. so unlucky marra life goes on
NO PAIN NO GAIN

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #4 on: 19 Jun 2007, 07:50:19 pm
no sympathy here im afraid never liked him said haven were unprofessional when he played here and done naff all himself. also branded us f****** jameaters on rugby league raw and then come over to haven fans after 1st grand final just to wind us up. forgotten his roots if you ask me. so unlucky marra life goes on

Yeah he did have his head up is own backside, but I was trying to be nice, trying to turn over a new leaf. It's hard  though.
:-X

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 19 Jun 2007, 07:50:38 pm

well said that man

havenfan in hull

Reply #6 on: 19 Jun 2007, 10:20:38 pm
here here

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 20 Jun 2007, 04:30:28 pm
pinnochio is on the dole!!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

haven1985

Reply #8 on: 20 Jun 2007, 05:23:41 pm

totally agree i think the best thing he can do now is sit in the grandstand and watch haven win.... OH sorry he want watch the f**k**g jameaters will he cause he aint from whitehaven!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #9 on: 20 Jun 2007, 05:25:28 pm
Oh now I thought he was a Marra born and bred. Take it he is not.

haven1985

Reply #10 on: 20 Jun 2007, 09:55:00 pm
Oh now I thought he was a Marra born and bred. Take it he is not.

yeah he is but when leigh beat us he ranin the dressing room and shouted about us ''THE F*****G JAMEATERS''

Monte2carlo

Reply #11 on: 20 Jun 2007, 11:04:08 pm
Sorry,

I have zero time for pinnochio after the grand final,

Monte

popularsider

Reply #12 on: 22 Jun 2007, 11:31:02 pm
i found it amusing after leigh got promoted and knox was released he rang whitehaven and asked if we wanted to sign him  :D