HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Wakefield Sack Smith

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
on: 01 Oct 2015, 11:32:53 am
Chairman Michael Carter has confirmed that Wakefield have sacked Australian scrum-half Tim Smith.

The 30-year-old former Wigan and Salford player, who had two months left on his contract, has been dismissed for gross misconduct.

The move follows Smith's appearance at Beverley Magistrates Court on Wednesday when he was banned from driving for 28 months and fined £900 after admitting failing to provide a specimen following a car crash in Hull last month. He was also fined £600 for careless driving.

"A letter was sent to him and his lawyer saying we were dismissing him for gross misconduct and bringing the club into disrepute," Carter said.

Smith, who previously played in the NRL for Parramatta and Cronulla, was in his second spell with the Wildcats after rejoining them just over 12 months ago from Salford.

He had been suspended by the club pending an investigation into the car crash but failed to attend a hearing after submitting a sick note citing anxiety.

The latest development comes just 48 hours after Wakefield confirmed the departure of former New Zealand full-back Kevin Locke, who was also involved in the car crash,

The news also comes two days before Brian Smith's outfit face the Bradford Bulls at Belle Vue in a play-off to decide who will feature in Super League next season.

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12208/10012808/wakefield-wildcats-sever-ties-with-australian-scrum-half-tim-smith
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 01 Oct 2015, 11:37:10 am
Class player on his day

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 01 Oct 2015, 11:52:18 am
Looks like braford could be heading for SL,which could spell bad news for those up the road if it's true they have offered sammut  a contract should they make SL
« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2015, 11:57:39 am by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 01 Oct 2015, 11:56:11 am
Looks like braford could be heading for SL,which could spell bad news for those up the road if it's true they have offered him a contract should they make SL who
who samutt?? I thought they would have wanted him if they never went up we know he's a great player but they might look for better if they get promoted

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 01 Oct 2015, 12:02:47 pm
Just one of the many rumours about him,seems they want him in SL.
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #5 on: 01 Oct 2015, 12:09:00 pm
If Gaskell isn't back from injury they wouldn't beat Lowca

Brave decision from Wakefield and imo the correct one. The sport has to show zero tolerance to players who think they can recklessly endanger peoples lives and get away with it.

Another Aussie halfback with all the talent in the world but suffering from off field problems

Seymour, Carney, Smith... the list goes on and on
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 01 Oct 2015, 12:10:51 pm
Wonder where he'll end up coz someone will buy him

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 01 Oct 2015, 12:24:08 pm
Town have a Vice Presidents do tomorrow I think. Think sammut will
Be announced then
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 01 Oct 2015, 12:39:26 pm
Be announced then
how much are they hinging on him staying???he clearly saved them from the drop and turned their season around and kept veivers in a job
matty rumoured to be retiring
horton rumounred to have requested a release to go home
luckock gone(strange one if matty is finishing, although was told they have signed doran to play 9)
miller gone (but T4M says there are replacements of millers standard at every club!!!!!!!!)

that's 4 big gaps to fill 3 of them local as well...at this rate we will have more locals  ;) ;) ;)
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #9 on: 01 Oct 2015, 12:42:15 pm
Does every thread have to be hijacked and turned into a thread about Town??

It is getting very  :-[   :-[   :-[

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 01 Oct 2015, 12:48:03 pm
Be announced then
how much are they hinging on him staying???he clearly saved them from the drop and turned their season around and kept veivers in a job
matty rumoured to be retiring
horton rumounred to have requested a release to go home
luckock gone(strange one if matty is finishing, although was told they have signed doran to play 9)
miller gone (but T4M says there are replacements of millers standard at every club!!!!!!!!)

that's 4 big gaps to fill 3 of them local as well...at this rate we will have more locals  ;) ;) ;)

Who knows. What I have seen of forester he can replace Miller. Not as good as Miller but a pretty decent replacement.

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 01 Oct 2015, 12:50:31 pm
its discussion about sammut also and how wakeys situation could directly impact on him and bradford , For the record it seems its now out of towns hands he has his offer and its other factors that will influence what happens and that's from some one very much in the know of all things town.
As for wakey i agree with you they have done the right thing, so many times teams turn a blind eye to such things for the sake of getting the player on the field
seymour also seems to have been given his marching orders by Dews, he went last week according to their fans...back to Oz??
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 01 Oct 2015, 12:55:05 pm
I think the sammut to town deal is done and dusted

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 01 Oct 2015, 01:13:03 pm
Talking to someone from Town the other day and they said the money is sorted  by 2 unnamed sponsors but there is a hitch with paperwork that neither Town or Sammut can do anything about, they said it will be sorted one way or another within the next 2 weeks.

Offline town24

• Academy Star
  • bluewhitearmy!
Reply #14 on: 01 Oct 2015, 04:07:00 pm
Told today sammut has back flipped and is signing for dews