HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Wakefield Sack Smith

Offline d_graham_uk

• Academy Signing
Reply #45 on: 03 Oct 2015, 01:24:54 pm
They said on fox sports this morning it was Brian smiths car he was diving!

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #46 on: 04 Oct 2015, 08:36:22 am
You lot wouldn't care who he signs for as long as it's not Town!!! Who ever he does sign for will do well next season.

You are correct. He will sign for whoever he wants to sign for and I am not that bothered.  Even if he signs for Town I am not that bothered

His track record of behaving himself for a full season at any club isn't the best though is it?

Are you talking about Samsung? What problems has he had? Heard he's a model pro an been a brilliant role model at town.
He got banned at Crusaders for going out on the lash along with 6 or 7 others

He walked out in Bradford a few days before start of the season

It looks like he had some problems at Wakefield this year with him not playing and them struggling for players

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #47 on: 04 Oct 2015, 08:50:56 am
All clubs have problems with players but a lot is kept under raps.
We have had our fair share at haven this season.

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #48 on: 04 Oct 2015, 09:38:05 am
You lot wouldn't care who he signs for as long as it's not Town!!! Who ever he does sign for will do well next season.

You are correct. He will sign for whoever he wants to sign for and I am not that bothered.  Even if he signs for Town I am not that bothered

His track record of behaving himself for a full season at any club isn't the best though is it?

Are you talking about Samsung? What problems has he had? Heard he's a model pro an been a brilliant role model at town.

It looks like he had some problems at Wakefield this year with him not playing and them struggling for players

Sammut ask to be released from his Bradford contract because of the Bulls financial troubles and they released him. Sammut wasn't the only one who left.

After Smith joined Wakefield they preferred Smith as first choice ahead of Sammut and with Sammut getting shipped out on DR. He wasn't happy and he wasn't enjoying playing.

Since joining Town he has got his love for rugby back. I'd love to see him in a Town shirt next season but to tell the truth he is too good for the Championship and deserves to be playing at the highest level.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #49 on: 04 Oct 2015, 12:07:39 pm

Sammut ask to be released from his Bradford contract because of the Bulls financial troubles and they released him. Sammut wasn't the only one who left.

After Smith joined Wakefield they preferred Smith as first choice ahead of Sammut and with Sammut getting shipped out on DR. He wasn't happy and he wasn't enjoying playing.

Since joining Town he has got his love for rugby back. I'd love to see him in a Town shirt next season but to tell the truth he is too good for the Championship and deserves to be playing at the highest level.
He left/ walked out on Bradford 6 days before the season started. It wasn't their money issues at the time

Not playing for Wakey is a dummy spit but I do know other players have done similar etc

Probably is too good for lower end Champ clubs but the question was asked what had he done so I named 3 instances that I know of

If he us enjoying his rugby term that's great but is getting worth busting a budget especially a small one like a Towns for?

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #50 on: 04 Oct 2015, 12:24:31 pm

He left/ walked out on Bradford 6 days before the season started. It wasn't their money issues at the time

Not playing for Wakey is a dummy spit but I do know other players have done similar etc

Probably is too good for lower end Champ clubs but the question was asked what had he done so I named 3 instances that I know of

If he us enjoying his rugby term that's great but is getting worth busting a budget especially a small one like a Towns for?

At the time he left Bradford they were still suffering from the aftermath of their financial troubles and were still talking about budget cuts.

As for busting a budget... Town have got the sponsors willing to contribute towards paying for Sammut to stay Town. The money is there if he signs.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #51 on: 04 Oct 2015, 12:24:35 pm
He is a top player ,but too good for championship?,he turned towns season around no denying that ,but even with him tow they still didn't manage any shock unexpected wins against any of the so called big teams.Yes they beat London at home but that was at a time when London were safe and Henderson had decided to experiment with some of the you get players .I think to some extent he help paint over some other problem areas they may have  , I think sammut saved veivers to some extent .If he signs for town again theres no denying they have a top player,it's ok having him short term,but if they sign him full-time on contract that's 2X,3X,4X  times the amount of other players? Then  that COULD bring a new set of problems
« Last Edit: 04 Oct 2015, 01:37:17 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK