HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Dews v Haven

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
on: 31 May 2007, 08:24:17 pm
Well a poor first half , too much ill discipline. Lucky to go in 16-10 up, if that had taken their passes, we would have been behind.

Matty again coming off the bench well, shame it was to replace Aaron Smith, i think the time may have come for Matty to start with Smith at 13 and Lester coming off bench. Lester to me has been in effective at 13 so far, and did little against Barrow last Sunday.

Hope we can pick up the pace and come strong 2nd half.

TW

Offline From the Jam Butty Mines

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 31 May 2007, 08:52:32 pm
No where near the same class as Widnes or Cas. A yard slower through out the team and not flair. Good job everyone else in this division is poor.

popularsider

Reply #2 on: 31 May 2007, 09:19:55 pm
sad to see maden injured along with rob jackson,

maybe see benson or lebbon on the wing now.

thought bainbridge had a good game but i think sicey in this game tonight would have run riot lester time to be dropped i think with smith 13 matty 9

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 31 May 2007, 09:25:42 pm
The game breaker was the ref.   He got it badly wrong with the Rams little chip over and he gave offisde.    The replays clearly showed that the Rams were all onside and with three men through in possession it was surely a certain try under the sticks.   The full-back stupidly called the ref a name he didn't like and sin-binned him for dissent and that turned the game.    Why didn't the ref let it run and then go to the video ref to see if it was offside????
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 31 May 2007, 09:27:02 pm
sad to see maden injured along with rob jackson,

maybe see benson or lebbon on the wing now.

thought bainbridge had a good game but i think sicey in this game tonight would have run riot lester time to be dropped i think with smith 13 matty 9

is that the same sice who refused to be 18 man???????
THE MULLET IS BACK

popularsider

Reply #5 on: 31 May 2007, 09:28:27 pm
considering he played 80 mins for the academy i wouldnt fancy a trip to dewsbury either.

sice should be in the haven team i dont care if rotherham doesnt like him he is a proven match winner lester has to be put into the academy to find form

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 31 May 2007, 09:29:20 pm
Good to see Leroy change the game again, he as added "Go Forward" every time. Ricky Wright is poor, Ford surely must be better, or Teare.

Again goal kicking was poor, seemed Bainbridge and Fletcher were kicking from the wrong sides.

If Maden is injured, chance i would say for Benson, who showed up well early season.

Top of the League, but i think Cas or Widnes would have won a lot easier, we are definitely not in top form.

TW

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 31 May 2007, 09:36:53 pm
Get Real / Reality check....Five major observations

(1) The team functioned around five players  Lester Duffy Smith Mattinson & Joe.

(2 ) Elibeck ''has a lot of quality about hiim and wil be a very good player for the next five years

(3 )  Bainbridge ..bless his heart is no ready for top end NL1.  He was a passenger for most of the game

(4) Bannister should be given every encouragement to stay with Haven,  Real quality

(5) We need to improve 100 % to challenge Widnes and cas.. Ford

PS what happened to Fletch in the second half?

popularsider

Reply #8 on: 31 May 2007, 09:43:29 pm
got took off because he was tired. (i think its amusing cas fans think leafa is thiner than fletcher  :D and think leafa is better than fletch :D :D :D )

bannister is going to harlequins.

bainbridge i thought tackled well

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 31 May 2007, 09:47:26 pm
Re bainbridge ....If you are playingat 6  (and weigh six stone)  you have got  to do more than tackle.  Rudd is the top points scoreer in NL1 this year and we missed the additional passrer and runner tonight quite noticably.

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #10 on: 31 May 2007, 09:50:31 pm
Well we hardly set the world alight!  But as they say, a win is a win and for a for a brief time we are top of the league.  But on tonights performance we are a world away from the likes of Castleford and Widnes and they would have put Dewsbury to bed very early in the game.

We gave away far too many penalties in the first 40 minutes and seemed to lack direction.  Lester was very quiet and uneventful tonight and Ricky Wright was just pure awful. 

We really need to raise our game, despite Dewsbury playing at home, we should not have let them run us so close. 

The answers?  Well as I am not Dave Rotherham, I am afraid I don't have any, that is up to the coaching staff.  But we seem to be just trundling along and happy to take the narrowest of victories which is quite simply not, good enough.

๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 31 May 2007, 10:20:24 pm
Lester is doing ok he will come up with one play in a game that will create a try.  he also does  ahell of alot of organising / direction and tackling when he is on the field...the only ting we can be upset with is that he arrived alongwith Fats and Joe five years to early!!!!!

Wright got whistled but to be fair three of the  penalties aginast him were a joke ..He cant be Blamedi feel for a lot of what he was pnged with.

reality is our best seventeen are good enough bu t for example take out Hill Macavoy ad rudd and we lose alo t.  Hill is a very aggressive runner of the bench, Macavoy is a strong and powerful  attacker and rudd is is abloody good palyer in this team shifting the ball scoring try and kicking goals.  We played without  a standoff tonight and if the little squit cant see it let him go to Town....! 

popularsider

Reply #12 on: 31 May 2007, 10:29:47 pm
why are you being harsh on him he is 19 years old and tackled his heart out tonight and let duffy do the organising (like carl rudd does)

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 31 May 2007, 10:45:10 pm
Beacuse if you play six you MUST contribute whn we have the ball an dhe most definatly di dnot tonight.   I cant help thinking Rotheram threw him a bone this evening to prove himeself gven his vocals aout an opportunity.  Any othe rplayer and  Rotheram would have pulled him off after 20 minutes but he left Bainbridge out their to show he could cope.  He DID NOT COPE.  If joe had played standoff or Rudd we would have been twice as effective in attack.

I hope Bainbridge come sgood but at the moment he is neithe rphysically or mentally up to leading a  top end NL 1 team aroud the park.     

popularsider

Reply #14 on: 31 May 2007, 10:59:05 pm
can you type that in english please  ???

bamber was quality against workington and fax ok he didnt do much with balll in hand tonight but his defence was first clas and defence wins matches