HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Dews v Haven

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #15 on: 31 May 2007, 11:42:17 pm
first of all 3 points from the 2nd tough game in 4 days and along away trip on a thursday is all that mattered today, a classy performance would have been nice but it was never going to happen

bamber, his kick got us the drop out for mattys try and his runn to the line also set it up...apart from that offered very little in attack...defence he got stuck in and tackled alot(mainly cause they were running at him all the time)...he is worth a few first team games this season to build up his experince but if we had any choice dews away would not have been one of them

needs to get rid of the (attituded thats been talked about on here if its true)and knuckle down, play him at home against eagles and batley
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline havenproud

• Academy Signing
Reply #16 on: 01 Jun 2007, 12:10:46 am
personally although not a coach, i believe that with bamba it is about finding a balance! he is well reconised by all fans and within levels of the club as the next big thing, and the future of haven, whether this is correct or not we will kno in 5 or 6 years time. but in the meantime we need to work out what we are going to do with him. at the minute he is running the show in the 21s side, and is apparently unhappy not getting in the first team. however tonights performance has showed he isnt up 2 winning big matches for us. that doesnt mean he isnt caipable of playing first team tonight he filled a hole, and made a commendable effort with the added pressure of tv and didnt let us down, but at the same time he neva looked like being a match winner, like any top half nl1 no6 does.

so what is our plan for him??
 if we let him go and he turns into an absoloute real un, as predicted then thats bad for us. i would suggest the coaching staff sit down and pick games that are of little pressure, and gently blood him, giving our match winners(duffy and rudd) a well earned rest from time 2 time. or alternatively let him go on loan to mayb a nl2 side, and have a game week in week out, and improve that way.

i think he will be a great 1 for the future, and we cant loose him, but he needs game time at a higher level than 21s but not at the cost of leaving a potential game winner out of the team.

also get on the meat and tatty pies mate.  ;)

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #17 on: 01 Jun 2007, 12:15:13 am
hes attack was awful hes passing was all over the spot and didnt put on many effective moves and didnt think hes defence was up to much he was tryin hard but was getting nocked back alot will be good in the future but really isnt ready for NL1
haven till i die

popularsider

Reply #18 on: 01 Jun 2007, 12:56:53 am
you cant have been watchin the same bamba as me in defence then he smashed lawford 3 or 4 times one on one

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #19 on: 01 Jun 2007, 01:23:50 am
i was discusted in how we played tonight we looked so unfit but i suppose 2 games in 4 days is asking a bit  much but iv noticed we havent played well at all for about a month now and our exspansive rugby has gone we just didnt look interested tonight defence was good but atacking play was the worst iv seen for a very long time 10 days rest get thes things sorted out

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #20 on: 01 Jun 2007, 01:26:38 am
you cant have been watching the same bamba as me in defense then he smashed lawford 3 or 4 times one on one

I thought Bamber done well, how would you guys cope if it were your first time out + you were playing  live on the TV with all your Friends and family watching. You will all be singing his praises in 12 months time, for god sake to don't undermine him or scare him off.

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #21 on: 01 Jun 2007, 01:37:27 am
Can I ask is Sice injured? Is it true that he and Dave Rotherham do not get on? If this is true is Rotherham deliberately not playing him? If it is because of that why the hell is he leaving out one of our top players in my opinion, For the good of the team or for his own personal reasons? Sicey would have cut them guys to ribbons tonight! Also why his this guy still coaching at Haven? He his in my humble opinion the worst coach we have had at the recre for ermmmmm!! EVER!

popularsider

Reply #22 on: 01 Jun 2007, 01:40:06 am
nah he isnt as bad as tamati,

sice played u21 last night and was left out last week because he went to athens to watch the football instead of training.

sicey also has been carrying a knee injury for a bit.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #23 on: 01 Jun 2007, 02:21:29 am
Can I ask is Sice injured? Is it true that he and Dave Rotherham do not get on? If this is true is Rotherham deliberately not playing him? If it is because of that why the hell is he leaving out one of our top players in my opinion, For the good of the team or for his own personal reasons? Sicey would have cut them guys to ribbons tonight! Also why his this guy still coaching at Haven? He his in my humble opinion the worst coach we have had at the recre for ermmmmm!! EVER!

yeah rotherham is an awful coach  ::) top of the league above the 2 teams favoured for the final, in the semi of NRC with a very good chance of making the final, good display against a super league team in challenge cup. Lets not forget we also got to within a win of the grand final last year with rotherham as coach, but yes he is the worst coach we have ever had
haven till i die

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #24 on: 01 Jun 2007, 03:44:22 am
OK how far did we get before him, Eeerrrrmmmm to the finals I think did we not? + he was left  a half decent team to build on.
Not that I got a problem with the players.  But where the hell is the flair, The Inventiveness, Why we not passing the ball out fast, and why the hell his he not using Calvert, Kick the ball through and let him chase it, thats what he is there for, who the hell will catch him, you do it 10 times in a game he will score 3 times. How many times do they use him like that? and as for not using Sice every game I wont even go there !

So you choose who would you have at the recre?

ROTHERHAM
CULLEN
McCORMACK

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #25 on: 01 Jun 2007, 08:10:46 am
OK how far did we get before him, Eeerrrrmmmm to the finals I think did we not? + he was left  a half decent team to build on.
Not that I got a problem with the players.  But where the hell is the flair, The Inventiveness, Why we not passing the ball out fast, and why the hell his he not using Calvert, Kick the ball through and let him chase it, thats what he is there for, who the hell will catch him, you do it 10 times in a game he will score 3 times. How many times do they use him like that? and as for not using Sice every game I wont even go there !

So you choose who would you have at the recre?

ROTHERHAM
CULLEN
McCORMACK

D.Rotherham

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

specialbrew92

Reply #26 on: 01 Jun 2007, 08:29:36 am
D Rotherham,

Come on fella's we won didn't we !

Monte

PS WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE AND IN A CUP SEMI FINAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: 01 Jun 2007, 08:34:44 am by specialbrew92 »

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 01 Jun 2007, 11:28:07 am
But on tonights performance we are a world away from the likes of Castleford and Widnes and they would have put Dewsbury to bed very early in the game.

not just on tonights performance, what about.........barrow NRC 1/4finals, halifax,, doncaster away, Bramley, Dewsbury at home, barrow NRC group game at home???

maybe now some people will think twice before complaining about sky tv's belief that NL1 is a 2 horse race

simple fact is we cant continue to play like this as we are going to be on the receiving end of a very embarrassing result,

had to laugh at stevo when, just into the 2nd half, he said we needed to change our tactics and was surprised dave rotherham hadnt realised, of course he hadnt realised, he dont seem to have many tactics!!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #28 on: 01 Jun 2007, 11:30:08 am
Again I can only agree Monte, yes we are at the top of the league & we are into a semi finals, But down to pure luck in my opinion! how many home draws we had, Yes we are awesome at home "Defensively" But where would we be sitting if we had won at Doncaster, very pretty, so what happened there ?  But after last nights display do you think the likes of Widnes, Castleford, Halifax fear us? I don't think so! Not taking anything away from Dewsbury they made us look middle of the road team.
Halifax will  be up for thinking we can go up to the fortress  and turn these guy's over now.
But do not be to surprised if Halifax come here and give us a tonking and god help us when Widnes come and pay us a visit.
We are good! But we are only playing I'm the king of the castle for the moment are we not..
Again in my humble opinion if we finish 3 rd this season we will have done well. Hope I am wrong and I will eat the whole of that humble pie if I am with a smile on my face.

My self I would have Cullen back Tomoz.

specialbrew92

Reply #29 on: 01 Jun 2007, 11:48:03 am
Havenhero,

Come on now we had a hard game on Sunday against Barrow and only 3 1/2 days rest. Dewsbury haven't had a game in 10days !

Have you been on this site before Havenhero it is some of your comments seem very familiar ?

Roll on SL

Monte