HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

easyfundraising.org.uk

Offline denisatesk

• First Team Regular
on: 25 Oct 2015, 12:13:12 PM
in the run up to Christmas we should be pushing this site to help raise money for the club
it is an online shopping search engine where most of the big name shops,tesco,argos,amazon etc give a percentage of your purchase price to the relevant organisation that is collecting.in our case WHITEHAVEN INDEPENDANT SUPPORTERS CLUB
the goods you buy cost the same but the club makes money for nothing.

to join go to easyfundraising.org.uk and enter Whitehaven independent supporters club as the cause you are collecting for.
it really is money for nothing

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2015, 12:55:58 PM
Great discounts and the club make money win win
born and bred haven.

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2017, 07:51:10 PM
I have a email from Chris drake about this it still belongs to wisc who have a bank account for i will post his email later when I copy it.
born and bred haven.

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2017, 10:48:34 AM
this is the email i have received from chris drake.

hi shaun,
reason im contacting you is because you probably arent aware but the independendent supporters bank account is still open. i kept it going because i have still been receiving payments from the easy fund raising site which is in wisc,s name. no one is using it anymore, but i set up referells (leigh and doncaster,whitehaven sea cadets etc) which gave us 10% of anything they raised. so cheques still come now and then, not for big amounts  but was still money coming in.
so despite what dave farrell and the trust are saying they did not take over the easyfundraising page, they set there own up.
mike rothery received £100 to sponsor a player on the internet supporters site a couple of years back and there is still over £200 in the bank account again. i offered this money to the club ages back to help repair the scoreboard and heard nothing more but its now fixed anyway i hear. since then easyfundraising are veryfying all there accounts and want letter headed paper with signatures on and tbh, its probably time to close it and close the bank account.
i spoke to the club a week or two back and put a couple of suggestions over. 1 from ivor who said about possibly getting a new sign under the scoreboard, in memory of J.D.RAZZ she paid £5000 of the £12000 cost a nice touch i thought im guessing sign might cost £40-£50.
i also had a suggestion they could use the remaining £150 on medical supplies quite ironic in the light of sunday.
sooo shaun where you come in any chance you could sort that sign out and with the remaining £150 you can either speak to the club for medical supplies or use it to take up 10 of your remaining 300 club tickets.
either way i guess the club still gets the cash so im not fussed what its used for.
keep up the good work, and hope the season gets better
cheers
chris drake.   
born and bred haven.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Haven Immortal
Reply #4 on: 22 Feb 2017, 11:05:28 AM

hi shaun,
reason im contacting you is because you probably arent aware but the independendent supporters bank account is still open. i kept it going because i have still been receiving payments from the easy fund raising site which is in wisc,s name. no one is using it anymore, but i set up referells (leigh and doncaster,whitehaven sea cadets etc) which gave us 10% of anything they raised. so cheques still come now and then, not for big amounts  but was still money coming in.
so despite what dave farrell and the trust are saying they did not take over the easyfundraising page, they set there own up.
mike rothery received £100 to sponsor a player on the internet supporters site a couple of years back and there is still over £200 in the bank account again. i offered this money to the club ages back to help repair the scoreboard and heard nothing more but its now fixed anyway i hear. since then easyfundraising are veryfying all there accounts and want letter headed paper with signatures on and tbh, its probably time to close it and close the bank account.
i spoke to the club a week or two back and put a couple of suggestions over. 1 from ivor who said about possibly getting a new sign under the scoreboard, in memory of J.D.RAZZ she paid £5000 of the £12000 cost a nice touch i thought im guessing sign might cost £40-£50.
i also had a suggestion they could use the remaining £150 on medical supplies quite ironic in the light of sunday.
sooo shaun where you come in any chance you could sort that sign out and with the remaining £150 you can either speak to the club for medical supplies or use it to take up 10 of your remaining 300 club tickets.
either way i guess the club still gets the cash so im not fussed what its used for.
cheers
chris drake.

Great idea to keep the memory of JD alive.

HW

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #5 on: 22 Feb 2017, 11:07:23 AM

hi shaun,
cheers
chris drake.

HW

i will speak with club later about sign for jd.
born and bred haven.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Haven Immortal
Reply #6 on: 22 Feb 2017, 11:10:45 AM

hi shaun,
cheers
chris drake.

HW

It would look good under the scoreborad where it currently says who suppied the Scoreboard (WISC).

There are new sponsor signs either side of Scoreboard.

HW

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 22 Feb 2017, 02:42:35 PM
Excellent idea.

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 22 Feb 2017, 04:18:42 PM
Great idea Chris

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #9 on: 06 Jul 2017, 05:21:30 PM

hi shaun,
cheers
chris drake.

HW

Was there any progress with this? 

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #10 on: 06 Jul 2017, 08:15:38 PM

hi shaun,
cheers
chris drake.

HW

Was there any progress with this?

I put the idea of the sign to the club and told focus had just sponsored the scoreboard.  Chris gave us £150 for the 300 club which we put in as fundraiser. So I never went ahead with a sign i enquired to ink design who would do one but never got a price
born and bred haven.