Davies
Allen
Macca
Dion

Brooks
Riley
Fox
Lucock
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 22 Nov 2015, 08:09:13 am
Honestly don't think we have signed carberry to play 9,when on DR last season before he gotinjured,iim sure we played him at 13 or even in second row.If we have signed him as a 9 and we play millet at FB  also,the we have a very unbalanced squad with 4 no 9's and 4 potential Halfbacks as well,I still think we are light in the centres with only 3 out and out centres
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #17 on: 22 Nov 2015, 08:13:58 am
Connor
Taylor
Macca
Jjp
Dion
Can all play centre Marra we should be ok there

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #18 on: 22 Nov 2015, 09:08:04 am
BKM we all have our opinions and that's what makes for good discussion on forums

With the 1, 6, 7, 9 & 13 I have picked there it give us a clever player at acting half with 4 playmaker to choose from. If you were a defence and you had Carberry choosing from (say) Gore and JPB on one side and Jouffret and dion on the other where would think the ball would be going? They wouldn't have a clue (imo) and indecision could lead to mistakes/gaps appearing for us to go through.

Defensively I think Gore can be a weak link at times but the others (from above) have shown can tackle and tackle well. So win win

It's a shame I have had to put Brooks on the bench but shows the quality we have when we have a fully fit squad.

Also pleasing to note not one DR player in there
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #19 on: 22 Nov 2015, 09:13:15 am
BKM we all have our opinions and that's what makes for good discussion on forums

With the 1, 6, 7, 9 & 13 I have picked there it give us a clever player at acting half with 4 playmaker to choose from. If you were a defence and you had Carberry choosing from (say) Gore and JPB on one side and Jouffret and dion on the other where would think the ball would be going? They wouldn't have a clue (imo) and indecision could lead to mistakes/gaps appearing for us to go through.

Defensively I think Gore can be a weak link at times but the others (from above) have shown can tackle and tackle well. So win win

It's a shame I have had to put Brooks on the bench but shows the quality we have when we have a fully fit squad.

Also pleasing to note not one DR player in there

Going to be tough choices ahead
born and bred haven.

Offline brianb

• First Team Backup
Reply #20 on: 22 Nov 2015, 10:47:17 am
no calvert then ????

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 22 Nov 2015, 10:50:35 am
Be nice to see a fully fit Calvert don't think last year he was as fit as he has been partly due to injury so fingered crossed he comes back ready to smash it

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #22 on: 22 Nov 2015, 11:23:44 am
Dion would be watsed at centre,wwould not see enough ball ,and Scott macas an out and out 2nd row now ,while he could play centre ,he gets found out their at times
But iI agree great to have options and hopefully we should not have the same issues if lack ofplayers come end of the season .
looking at who had left and who has replaced them a definite step up in quality
THE MULLET IS BACK

• Haven Legend
Reply #23 on: 22 Nov 2015, 11:55:58 am
That is a quality team and the back should get a lot of ball no excuses this year we should be scoring from anywhere on the field the backs should have a field day given the service they deserve and should get this year

Offline haven god

• First Team Backup
Reply #24 on: 22 Nov 2015, 11:59:53 am
Personally I'd try Calvert at centre lost his speed no but a strong runner
Haven Till I Die

• Haven Legend
Reply #25 on: 22 Nov 2015, 12:04:25 pm
Calvert would make a super centre agree but don't agree he's lost his speed he will still challenge most rugby players but what I will say he's not as fast as he was but could still be lethal Miller Calvert burns joufret chamberlain if we get him they are all rapid must say I think it's the quickest back line we have ever had in my 20 years following haven

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #26 on: 22 Nov 2015, 12:21:15 pm
I just can't see passed Joufrett at full back and Gore and Aiye at halfs.  The latter two gave the best half back combo since we reached the grand final.  Next year they will benefit from having played together and consistency of selection.

Joufrett has the pace for fullback and is another ball player on the edges.

Miller wasn't guaranteed any position .  He could cover centre mind if JJP goes to back row.

I will say this if we play Dion anywhere other than stand off it would be criminal.

We wasted half a season of him in the pack last year.

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #27 on: 22 Nov 2015, 02:10:53 pm
Miller won't bother what position he is told to plays, I was told by a town player that the only reason miller left town was because of a idiot called fryer, , otherwise he would still be with them,

• Haven Legend
Reply #28 on: 22 Nov 2015, 02:15:53 pm
According to town fans he wants to go back to town and regretted signing for us and he loves town well if that's not jealousy a don't know what is haha he seems to be having a blast at training

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #29 on: 22 Nov 2015, 02:16:23 pm
Miller won't bother what position he is told to plays, I was told by a town player that the only reason miller left town was because of a idiot called fryer, , otherwise he would still be with them,
Heard it was Vievers he didn't get on with