HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Players available?

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
on: 10 Oct 2006, 04:57:31 pm
According to another messageboard Hull KR are the release a crop of players in preperation for their battle to stay in SL next season. Heres the list.......

Rivett
Couturier
Brooks
Stephenson
Garmston
Joseph
Ellis

Id like to try and see us try and sign (budget permitting) Rivett (to replace Calvert and can cover fullback comfortably if needed) and Couturier (decent player and brilliant kicker). If Stephenson could stay injury free he would also be an asset and would know Rotherham, Jackson and Bull Trindall from his London Broncos days and would be a more than adequate replacement for that waste of space Baynes.

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2006, 05:12:44 pm
I have got to disagree about Baynes, I think on his day he is awesome!
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2006, 07:06:59 pm
when is he's day though ? pancake day  ::)
haven till i die

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2006, 07:17:17 pm
rivett is spangles , leave calvert alone and have some faith in the lad....he will be back better than ever next season
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 10 Oct 2006, 07:20:07 pm
just so long as he remembres he is a rugby player and not a crab!
lol

hope the off season works for him and he does come back somewhere near the player he was last season
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 10 Oct 2006, 07:20:29 pm
Its all experience for Calvert I think he will become an all time hero at the Recre
Can't stand Jam, eh!

havenchamps2005

Reply #6 on: 10 Oct 2006, 07:31:10 pm
id say stephenson  ;D

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 10 Oct 2006, 10:47:14 pm
calvert will be the man next year to watch out for hes got summet to prove just watch

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 11 Oct 2006, 05:01:56 pm
Im all for encouraging the team but when someone is given a chance yet repeatedly blows it then the buck has to stop somewhere. If we have any SL aspirations at all the club need to stop thinking like a bunch of amateurs and look at the bigger picture. In order to stay in SL if we ever did go up we would need a very strong foundation of players from which to build on to try and stay up. From the current squad i would say one player is up to that standard.

As for Rivett being 'spangles' (whatever that means) is utter rubbish. You dont win the Lance Todd trophy in a challenge cup final if you are 'spangles'. He may not be the player he was but hes better than Calvert on his worst day.

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 11 Oct 2006, 06:04:12 pm
I have got to disagree about Baynes, I think on his day he is awesome!

Baynes hasn't had his day since we played away at Oldham in 2005 the week before he got injured against Hull KR. Since then everytime he's played he's been severley overweight and hasn't been the same player i already think we've held onto him too long.

During the off season i'd like to see us sign 3 players at least. Nanyn, a Second Row (Preferrably Leafa or Wilkes) and a prop maybe a stand off as well but that's very unlikely.

havenchamps2005

Reply #10 on: 11 Oct 2006, 07:10:22 pm
id like to see nanyn wilkes dexter miller and jay duffy join the club and mark leafa given a new contract

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 11 Oct 2006, 07:14:39 pm
Is Dexter that good? Have you been sneaking to the jam pots games???
Can't stand Jam, eh!

havenchamps2005

Reply #12 on: 11 Oct 2006, 07:29:27 pm
no but i can recal when dexter played in our u21 team a few years ago and from his kells days also have a friend who is a town fan who says dexter is very good

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 11 Oct 2006, 07:44:11 pm
ok I take your word for it!! I was getting worried there
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 11 Oct 2006, 10:05:17 pm
craigs record speaks for itself utter idiots one bad game and hes a target not that when he makes a break when he plays well hes the best and he has a bad game and he is awful grow up please