HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Fax v Haven - Your view

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #15 on: 07 Feb 2016, 05:31:34 pm
Lets all get real and be understanding.

We are only financed and equiped to operate in the 'second division' of the Championship, and so results like this are to be expected and understood.

It's not what we do against the top 5 or 6 clubs when we play them away, only how we perform against the likes of Workington and the rest of the divisions strugglers and of course the top 6 teams when we play them at home.

IMO it will pan out OK for us, as we have some good players signed and a very workable DR set up with Widnes.

I just wish those who harp on about us dropping out of a DR relationship would give it a rest......WE NEED DR, we can't afford to support a team of the quality we need without it. Unless you want us playing Oxford and the rest of the poor quality clubs in the division below where we operate now that is.
I've no complaints about dual reg think it's worked well last 3 seasons but if they're not gonna be used I would try and get barlow and Acton from Leigh 2 proper beef cases who would rip it up but I believe barlows awaiting a court case

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 07 Feb 2016, 05:32:20 pm

We are only financed and equiped to operate in the 'second division' of the Championship, and so results like this are to be expected and understood.

It's not what we do against the top 5 or 6 clubs when we play them away, only how we perform against the likes of Workington and the rest of the divisions strugglers and of course the top 6 teams when we play them at home.

IMO it will pan out OK for us, as we have some good players signed and a very workable DR set up with Widnes.

I just wish those who harp on about us dropping out of a DR relationship would give it a rest......WE NEED DR, we can't afford to support a team of the quality we need without it. Unless you want us playing Oxford and the rest of the poor quality clubs in the division below where we operate now that is.
Hmm you mean like Batley,similar size club to us with similar funding from last season.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #17 on: 07 Feb 2016, 05:34:56 pm

Hmm you mean like Batley,similar size club to us with similar funding from last season.
difference is the distance for quality players we've gotta pay a lot more than batley to get a quality player to travel up here its a problem us and town will always have

Offline recrelad

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 07 Feb 2016, 05:51:18 pm
You cant compare Batley to us! They are in the heartlands of rugby where we will always struggle because of where we are.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #19 on: 07 Feb 2016, 06:04:41 pm
You cant compare Batley to us! They are in the heartlands of rugby where we will always struggle because of where we are.
So we've gone from,can't compete with Leigh,Bradford,London,Fax to we can't compete with Batley because there from Yorkshire !! Give over !!

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 07 Feb 2016, 06:07:40 pm
So we've gone from,can't compete with Leigh,Bradford,London,Fax to we can't compete with Batley because there from Yorkshire !! Give over !!

Recre means cant compete with them for signing players, most wud rather travel 30 mins to a yorkshire club than  2-3 hours to a west cumbrian club
Up The Haven

Offline beltnbraces

• Academy Signing
Reply #21 on: 07 Feb 2016, 06:11:46 pm
Gotta agree with cb&g.... the rfl has created a multi tiered system whereby the teams at the top are the only ones who can afford full timers.
I only hope that there is a club like Leicester City comes through and destroys the form book and system thats being set up.

Championship 1 for us and town in this climate....we can only hope for little miracles.

Offline recrelad

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 07 Feb 2016, 06:29:01 pm
Yorkshire teams will always have an advantage. The only time we were successful in recent years we nearly folded because of the amount of money it took to entice good players here.

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #23 on: 07 Feb 2016, 06:29:16 pm
Havenselite I don't think you even went cos of the cost to get in being £4 more than Havens even though you live in Leeds. I fetched two poor lads over from huddersfield who didn't complain. If the monies the problem think about travellers who rather use the M62 than the M6 and the A66 after the M62.
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #25 on: 07 Feb 2016, 07:16:26 pm
I know Halifax are a good side, but todays result tells me it is going to be a long hard season, bottom club again because of the points difference  -46.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 07 Feb 2016, 07:44:45 pm

Recre means cant compete with them for signing players, most wud rather travel 30 mins to a yorkshire club than  2-3 hours to a west cumbrian club
the location thing means a lot that'll be why Jordan hand and carl forster are at Swinton now and carl got man of the match today

Offline watchfromdistance

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 07 Feb 2016, 09:34:40 pm
We where poor end of yes not season defining but a wake up call we where very very poor ! And for out chairman thinking top 4 or 5 stop his drink !!!!

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 07 Feb 2016, 09:49:58 pm
It's always an excuse.

Blame the ref Blame the rfl.

The world aain't gonna change it's geography because a few whithaven fans whinge. Do ssomething different or stop twining.

Offline denisatesk

• Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 07 Feb 2016, 10:01:55 pm
travelled to fax once again expecting another defeat BUT hoping that we might at least compete this time,however it turned out to be the same old poor away day performance from haven.although fax were a well organised team backing up well and offloading at will we were poor in defence and allowed all this to happen.we never put them under any sort of pressure and to be honest the try we scored at the end of the game came as much of a surprise to us as it it did to them and served to alleviate the embarresment slightly.
although in the dark re team fitness I can't understand why we had brocky as hooker?.having said that I think we had just about our strongest team on the field today which could be worrying looking what we are up against in this league.

having said all that it was the usual happy bus both going and coming home many thanks to shaun for keeping the faith.
bring on the bull's.(our first win lol )
« Last Edit: 07 Feb 2016, 10:04:23 pm by denisatesk »