Offline just me

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 07 Feb 2016, 11:27:38 pm
We still were Tatty ash folks infact worst I've seen for a while. :shake:

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #31 on: 08 Feb 2016, 12:24:12 am
We were s**t but Joe Cobb is a biased t**t. Even fax thought so.

Offline heathen55

• Academy Signing
Reply #32 on: 08 Feb 2016, 12:26:51 am
Leaving aside the result as a Fax fan I have nothing but respect but your travelling fans who sang their hearts out to the end

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #33 on: 08 Feb 2016, 12:36:13 am
Cheers marra. And we ain't nasty in defeat like some teams

Online havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #34 on: 08 Feb 2016, 12:43:53 am
Havenselite I don't think you even went cos of the cost to get in being £4 more than Havens even though you live in Leeds. I fetched two poor lads over from huddersfield who didn't complain. If the monies the problem think about travellers who rather use the M62 than the M6 and the A66 after the M62.

I live in manchester marra, 20 quid to get in plus petrol and wateva else i wud of spent, thats the only reason i didnt go, on the plus side i stayed at home and listened online and watched a decent united v chelsea match,
Up The Haven

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #35 on: 08 Feb 2016, 10:02:16 am
We were s**t but Joe Cobb is a biased t**t. Even fax thought so.

Refs always go with the teams that are on top, they are always the ones looking to play on the front foot.

Listening to the game, we were ripped up down the middle,Fax have done that to us many times, do we never learn anything.

HW

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #36 on: 08 Feb 2016, 10:36:06 am
Fax are a very good team and no doubt they will punish most teams in this league. I think on the day we got built up with the emotions of the game thinking we could give them a game nevermind win. But in the bigger picture the first 3 games aren't gonna make or break our season
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #37 on: 08 Feb 2016, 10:53:47 am
Very disappointing performance well beat by a very good Halifax side although joe cobb was awful thanks for everyone who came with us.
born and bred haven.

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #38 on: 08 Feb 2016, 12:15:18 pm
First game of the true season, hopefully the coaching team will assess the video from yesterdays game and look at who didn't perform in the game, who isn't fit,  who isn't good enough if any and address the problems, this was a very strong Haven team and think we should have competed against them a bit better than we did.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #39 on: 08 Feb 2016, 12:59:50 pm
If anyone deserves blame for heavy defeats like this then it's the RFL for their totally lopsided vision of how to develop RL in the Championship division.
Throughout the season, (mark my words), we will see many such thumpings handed out to the lesser Championship clubs by the 'elite' of the division. Not all of these defeats and big scores will involve haven either.
The RFL should focus on making the Championship competative and NOT focus on gifting a huge financial advantage to a few clubs who are presently being 'favoured' in the slim hope that they can at some stage bridge the gap to SL and hence make the RFL's hapless vision of promotion and relegation work.
The RFL would be best advised to level the Championship playing field, and quick'......before their lopsided vision helps to kill off a few clubs like our own.
What is the point of introducing and trying to develop clubs in Championship 1 when the Championship itself is running under a format which will soon prove to be the ruination of long standing heartland clubs who need some creative thinking and support from our governing body. (sorry Sky are the governing body so make that Sky's minnions).   

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #40 on: 08 Feb 2016, 01:10:17 pm
If anyone deserves blame for heavy defeats like this then it's the RFL for their totally lopsided vision of how to develop RL in the Championship division.
Throughout the season, (mark my words), we will see many such thumpings handed out to the lesser Championship clubs by the 'elite' of the division. Not all of these defeats and big scores will involve haven either.
The RFL should focus on making the Championship competative and NOT focus on gifting a huge financial advantage to a few clubs who are presently being 'favoured' in the slim hope that they can at some stage bridge the gap to SL and hence make the RFL's hapless vision of promotion and relegation work.
The RFL would be best advised to level the Championship playing field, and quick'......before their lopsided vision helps to kill off a few clubs like our own.
What is the point of introducing and trying to develop clubs in Championship 1 when the Championship itself is running under a format which will soon prove to be the ruination of long standing heartland clubs who need some creative thinking and support from our governing body. (sorry Sky are the governing body so make that Sky's minnions).   
  The bottom line is the RFL want Bradford back in Super league and Wakefield or Salford out, when that happens I think the RFL will make change's to the way the money is doled out to the championship clubs.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #41 on: 08 Feb 2016, 02:28:37 pm
They have to as clubs like us, Town Swinton etc just cant compete with what we get compared to that of Leigh and Bulls. Its a 2 tier league. That said Batley pulled off a shock yesterday.

As for yesterday it sounded a shocking performance. Fax appeared to be able to score at will. I didn't expect a win but I did think it would be a lot closer. Maybe were not as good as we think we are.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #42 on: 08 Feb 2016, 03:11:37 pm
They have to as clubs like us, Town Swinton etc just cant compete with what we get compared to that of Leigh and Bulls. Its a 2 tier league. That said Batley pulled off a shock yesterday.

As for yesterday it sounded a shocking performance. Fax appeared to be able to score at will. I didn't expect a win but I did think it would be a lot closer. Maybe were not as good as we think we are.
to be fair when we go spots like Halifax Bradford and Leigh I always prepare to concede 40 to 50 pts that's what we're up against but we should still be running in 3 or 4 tries ourselves to make it more respectable that's the worrying thing in these matches

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #43 on: 08 Feb 2016, 03:26:02 pm
Being away from the heartlands has it's advantages as well.

It is much easier for Haven to keep hold of local talent (unless they're good enough for SL) as those lads don't want to travel to Batley, just like Yorkshire lads don't want to come up here.

The key to any successful Haven side has always been the local players. Sometimes there just isn't the talent around though and other times there's a good crop all come through together.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #44 on: 08 Feb 2016, 06:16:31 pm
I.m sorry but local players are never gonna be the solution when the 'elite' of the division can afford to sign handfulls of experienced SL players AND then set up DR's to get a few more.

It's a shambles and so unfair. It's bad enough being outside the M6 corridor and West Youkshire and thus close to 5 or 6 SL clubs to draw on, but then we are expected to cope on crumbs and part time structures, while the 'elite' wallow in money and full time arrangements.

Of course we get stuffed, we should expect little else when we travel to these places.

It's not many years ago when we used to stuff Sheffield and could generate wins at Halifax on occasions too. Now ?......it's impossible.