HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Rhys Pugsleys Joins for 2016

Amanda · 51 · 2126

Offline theyrealloffref

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 18 Feb 2016, 11:36:57 am
the problem with it is did the steroids give him a huge advantage over all the other kids trying to perform and get into a top clubs academy ? fair do's maybe people should move on and punishment has been given but this doesnt stop the question of would he have been in his high level without it ?

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #31 on: 18 Feb 2016, 12:39:05 pm
Kid or not he's a drugs cheat. Drugs cheats should get lifetime bans.
assume he got banned for using performance enhancing then and not a recreational one cheating is a strong word.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #32 on: 18 Feb 2016, 01:33:07 pm
Exactly whitey12 who is in charge of our club? The season will be halfway by then
The season was over halfway for town and they signed a half back that wasn't setting the world alight at any of the clubs he had been to ......it kept them up. At the back end of last year we were desperate for players, we had players injured, players playing injured so to have a highly rated kid who should be chomping at the bit come May/June starting his season is a winner for me. More bodies ( as long as they are decent players ) the better for me.

Could understand it on a 2 year contract, but we are paying for a player who cant play for us... And could jump ship if performs well in the few games he has. 

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #33 on: 18 Feb 2016, 02:03:53 pm
   According to sporting life Rhys will sign a 12 month contract, so that should keep him at the rec until may 2017, not just for a few games :nod: :nod: :nod:

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-league/news/article/480/10171347/rhys-pugsley-handed-whitehaven-chance

Offline Top marra

• Academy Signing
Reply #34 on: 18 Feb 2016, 02:09:27 pm
Exactly whitey12 who is in charge of our club? The season will be halfway by then
The season was over halfway for town and they signed a half back that wasn't setting the world alight at any of the clubs he had been to ......it kept them up. At the back end of last year we were desperate for players, we had players injured, players playing injured so to have a highly rated kid who should be chomping at the bit come May/June starting his season is a winner for me. More bodies ( as long as they are decent players ) the better for me.

Could understand it on a 2 year contract, but we are paying for a player who cant play for us... And could jump ship if performs well in the few games he has.

Oh well then, with that way of thinking we shouldn't have signed anyone that might go on to a super league club on the back off decent performances for haven!!!!

Offline lou lou

• Academy Star
Reply #35 on: 18 Feb 2016, 03:51:10 pm
assume he got banned for using performance enhancing then and not a recreational one cheating is a strong word.

Steroids was what he got banned for. Cheating. The sooner the rfl and every governing body bans these cheats for life the better imo.

Offline lou lou

• Academy Star
Reply #36 on: 18 Feb 2016, 03:53:45 pm
the problem with it is did the steroids give him a huge advantage over all the other kids trying to perform and get into a top clubs academy ? fair do's maybe people should move on and punishment has been given but this doesnt stop the question of would he have been in his high level without it ?

The problem is also what if the steroids gave him a lot more power than kids he's playing against. What happens if one of these kids got badly hurt by him whilst he's cheating to get so big and powerful. Plus its been show even though they have stopped taking steroids you can still get benefits from them years later.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #37 on: 18 Feb 2016, 03:58:55 pm

Steroids was what he got banned for. Cheating. The sooner the rfl and every governing body bans these cheats for life the better imo.
maybe badly advised marra the gym i go to you can tell the lads who are on the juice now i take some stuff thats banned from shops but you can buy on amazon theres that many products you can buy a lot of people are badly advised what they,re taking

Offline lou lou

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 18 Feb 2016, 04:14:44 pm
I see where your coming from but he was playing at the biggest club in England they will have some of the best advisors and nutritionists to help them. Supplements will be provided by sponsors. So to go off your own and by steroids is cheating. He knew it was wrong but he still done it. I'll leave it at that. I don't want to argue but imo drugs cheats should be banned from sport.

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #39 on: 18 Feb 2016, 04:24:06 pm

Are you saying that a drunk driver should banned for life after the first offence, or a petty thief should be jailed for life?
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2016, 04:26:08 pm by noahrob »

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #40 on: 18 Feb 2016, 04:40:05 pm

Are you saying that a drunk driver should banned for life after the first offence, or a petty thief should be jailed for life?

Drunk Driver YES,

HW

Offline lou lou

• Academy Star
Reply #41 on: 18 Feb 2016, 04:47:35 pm
If you agree with letting drugs cheats play sport that's your opinion and I'd say your morals are wrong. My opinion is they should not.

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #42 on: 18 Feb 2016, 04:48:26 pm

Drunk Driver YES,

HW
   Even if he wasn't involved in a accident!!!!

Offline lou lou

• Academy Star
Reply #43 on: 18 Feb 2016, 04:49:43 pm

Drunk Driver YES,

HW
   Even if he wasn't involved in a accident!!!!

Wow. Just wow.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #44 on: 18 Feb 2016, 05:11:25 pm
Let's hang him and have it done with.....Jesus, people make mistakes ,everyone one of us some learn from them and some don't but all should be at least given a chance to regardless of what our own individual opinions are .
Time to close the thread
THE MULLET IS BACK