HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Half time report

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
on: 04 Jun 2007, 12:00:25 am
Well  were  about  halfway  through  the  season.  Still  9  or  so  NL1  games  left  plus  an  NRC  semi.  Victory  in  that  one  then  its  on  to  Blackpool.  Sept/Oct  should  see  a  game  or  2  in  the  playoffs.

So  what  do  people  think.  Just  2  defeats  so  far  but  are  we  good  enough  to  challenge  Widnes  or  Cas  who  we've  yet  to  play. ??? ???  Are  we  playing  good  enough  rugby  to  see  us  through  to  a  3rd  GF  or  will  it  be  yet  another  season  of  hope  and  promise  only  for  us  to  fall  once  again  at  the last  hurdle.

What  do  you  think............ ???

popularsider

Reply #1 on: 04 Jun 2007, 12:20:08 am
not good enough to get to a gf

possibley good enough to win the nrc its a one off game and we seem to lift against big clubs in one off games

Catalans
Saints a few years ago

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 04 Jun 2007, 10:09:54 am
I  think  we've  played  well  in  patches  but  we  seem  to  rely  on  good  2nd  half  performances  to  see  sides  off.  The  Donny  defeat  could  come  back  to  haunt  us  and  maybe  it  was  a  defeat  just  waiting  to  happen.

So  far  we've  played  NL2  sides  and  lesser  sides  in  NL1.  3  more  home  games  coming  up  but  its  July  and  August  that'll  be  the  real  test.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 04 Jun 2007, 03:16:25 pm

possibley good enough to win the nrc its a one off game and we seem to lift against big clubs in one off games

Catalans
Saints a few years ago

is the grand final not a one off game?
haven till i die

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 04 Jun 2007, 06:14:29 pm

Catalans
Saints a few years ago

putting the team down again do you have a postives about whitehaven rlfc

i have got to admit this season's form has not been up to scratch in a few games but 2nd in NL1 and a NRC semi and taking catalans all the way dosen't seem like a bad season so far

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 04 Jun 2007, 06:29:00 pm

Catalans
Saints a few years ago

putting the team down again do you have a postives about whitehaven rlfc

i have got to admit this season's form has not been up to scratch in a few games but 2nd in NL1 and a NRC semi and taking catalans all the way dosen't seem like a bad season so far

We've got too used to success

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 04 Jun 2007, 06:31:51 pm
I still think Whitehaven has got a good team. The key to success is having a great backup players for every position in case of injuries.

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #7 on: 04 Jun 2007, 07:46:50 pm
speaking to a whitehaven player on sat and he said 'it just hasn't clicked yet'.
key word being yet.i have to agree but considering this were in a semi and are 2nd so it aint looking to bad at half way.

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #8 on: 04 Jun 2007, 07:57:13 pm
speaking to a whitehaven player on sat and he said 'it just hasn't clicked yet'.
key word being yet.i have to agree but considering this were in a semi and are 2nd so it aint looking to bad at half way.

exactley marra

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 04 Jun 2007, 08:41:15 pm
Lets hope they click at right moment

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 04 Jun 2007, 08:46:41 pm
like in the play offs
haven till i die

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #11 on: 04 Jun 2007, 09:37:56 pm
well i think that haven will win the NRC and make the g/f and i also belive that we can stay above cas all season and lets not forget that we play widnes at ome near the end of the seasn so that could prove vital come on haven lets make 2oo7 a year to remember

HAVEN FOR SUPER LEAGUE !!!!
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 05 Jun 2007, 08:34:14 am
Lets hope they click at right moment

Especially  when  Widnes  and  Cas  roll  into  town ;)

havenfan in hull

Reply #13 on: 05 Jun 2007, 12:25:14 pm
half way through and still everything to play for. we up there with cas and widnes wat no1 expected of us and we got it all to play for. gud season so far in my book expecially with the injurys we keep picking up

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 05 Jun 2007, 03:56:00 pm
agreed
haven till i die