HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

poor gates

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
on: 04 Jun 2007, 10:11:09 am
there are a lot of rumours going round town that our poor gates are causing the club financial difficulty. i hope this is not true but it is being talked about a lot. the good team that we have deserves better gates than those of late but i just wonder if things would improve if we had better facilities. ie a roof on the pop side for when its raining. i will keep going whatever happens but some folks might begrudge paying 12 quid to get rained on. has anybody else heard these cracks? just hope its wrong or we can forget about strengthening the team
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 04 Jun 2007, 12:02:59 pm
if you look at the gates for the league games which the club budgets for they have been decent gates 
rochdale 2071
dewbury 2008
halifax    1729

some of the poor gates have been in the cups and as you are not able to know if you will be drawn home or away how could the club budget for these...also in the cup the average gate over the 5 games is about 1750 not too bad and 5 lots of bar takings programmes, half time draw etc etc

i think the club is doing ok money wise

they may have a set figure in mind they would like to get out of each game regardless of it being home  or away
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 04 Jun 2007, 01:36:11 pm
We've  yet  to  play  Cas  or  Widnes  although  with  the  Cas  game  on  TV  that  might  have  an  effect  on  the  gate.  Both  games  should  see  a  decent  attendance  though.  Leigh  this  week  is  also  a  biggish  game  although  not  as  big  as  it  was  a  couple  of  years  ago.  If  we  don't  get  2000+  then  there's  something  seriously  wrong.  2  weeks  later  we  play  Fax  in  another  massive  game.  Victory in  that  one  could  mean  a financial windfall.

Online Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 04 Jun 2007, 01:37:17 pm
when the gates are added up at games, are children, oap, concessions included because at the last game against barrow personally i thought their was about 1800

Online Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 04 Jun 2007, 01:39:04 pm
does anybody know what time the cas game kicks of, on the sky sports web site it says 330 but if it is on telly surely it will kick of at 735

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 04 Jun 2007, 03:26:24 pm
cas game 7.35 ko

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #6 on: 04 Jun 2007, 04:35:48 pm
What date is the cas match at home ? ???
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #7 on: 04 Jun 2007, 04:43:35 pm
What date is the cas match at home ? ???

Thursday 9th August
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline gushaven

• First Team Regular
    • Kells A.R.L.F.C.
Reply #8 on: 04 Jun 2007, 07:08:53 pm
We`ll be watching in Marmaris :P
Success is like a fart.
It only bothers people when it is not their own!

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #9 on: 04 Jun 2007, 08:10:50 pm
i think our next three home games will see us return to the 2000+ mark.

will get around 2300 against leigh just cos it's leigh
2000+ against donny with it being maratime(although it could work the other way)
and i think for fax we'll be looking nearer 4,000 with them bringing 500-1000 (so a fax fan i know says)

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 04 Jun 2007, 09:41:27 pm
when the gates are added up at games, are children, oap, concessions included because at the last game against barrow personally i thought their was about 1800
Kids, pensioners, adults, season tickets, and sponsors all count toward the gate. People have their veiw's on estimating the gates but like i have said before the turnstiles are linked to the computer so the gates are accurate.

popularsider

Reply #11 on: 04 Jun 2007, 10:08:18 pm
i think for the next 3 games at home should see the fans who turn up be given a voucher when they enter the ground

should we beat fax you must have the 3 vouchers to get a say on the first batch of tickets

Offline Fourfoot

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 05 Jun 2007, 12:55:25 pm
Why should ex-pats be denied vouchers? There's a sizeable population of supporters here in the Manchester area, and I go to away games, but can't afford the time or the money to come home every other weekend. The Haven support at the Leigh away game was shocking!
Haven- It's a way of life

Offline splodge99

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 05 Jun 2007, 01:00:43 pm
Agreed.  I've been watching Haven for 25 years plus and moved away from the area almost 10 years ago.  I go to about 75% of home games and all the away games.  Voucher scheme is a bad idea.

popularsider

Reply #14 on: 05 Jun 2007, 05:26:10 pm
a) im trying to get a big crowd attracted
b) notice i said the first batch of tickets