HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Doncaster

Guest · 7 · 902

Tommy43

on: 06 Jun 2007, 04:14:59 pm
Crack on their web site is that proposed take over has failed & they will not be able to fulfill this week's fixture.

IF this happens surely it's the end of the road for them. Presumably all their previous results will be wiped out, which will obviously help our cause.

Personally I would rather they survived.

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #1 on: 06 Jun 2007, 04:47:30 pm
 That's a shame  :-\  :(
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 06 Jun 2007, 04:56:26 pm
Whilst I would hope that a way forward could be found for Donny here are some of the details of their CVA which was in the paper the other week

The list of non preferential creditors which totals ?1,641,471 - not bad for a Club that was never going into debt according to John Wright

Largest creditors were Mr Wright himself ?1,125,300, Stadium Management Company ?97,149, Inland Revenue ?40,494 ex Chief Exec Dave King ?35,250.

Amongst the players the largest amounts owed were to Holroyd (?63,333), Joel Penny (?37,208) with 7 others owed over ?10k.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 07 Jun 2007, 01:53:02 pm
Whilst I would hope that a way forward could be found for Donny here are some of the details of their CVA which was in the paper the other week

The list of non preferential creditors which totals ?1,641,471 - not bad for a Club that was never going into debt according to John Wright

Largest creditors were Mr Wright himself ?1,125,300, Stadium Management Company ?97,149, Inland Revenue ?40,494 ex Chief Exec Dave King ?35,250.

Amongst the players the largest amounts owed were to Holroyd (?63,333), Joel Penny (?37,208) with 7 others owed over ?10k.

penny only signed in november and quit in may so how they hell can they owe him that much...they musty have paid him something what sort of wage was he getting?????
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 07 Jun 2007, 10:14:56 pm

penny only signed in november and quit in may so how they hell can they owe him that much...they musty have paid him something what sort of wage was he getting?????

don't know exactly how true that is but according to my calculations he must have been on something around the region of ?5315 per month or ?1328 per week
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Havenhack

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 08 Jun 2007, 02:19:54 pm
I don't know for a fact, but I suspect that they'll owe him a percentage of the rest of the two year contract, even though he has been released.
When he signed the contract he'll have been on whatever a month he was on, and when they decided to let him go they'll have had to buy out the rest of it.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 08 Jun 2007, 05:44:51 pm
I don't know for a fact, but I suspect that they'll owe him a percentage of the rest of the two year contract, even though he has been released.
When he signed the contract he'll have been on whatever a month he was on, and when they decided to let him go they'll have had to buy out the rest of it.

No - if you go into a CVa it's based on what is owed at the time not what may or will be owed 2 years later