HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Social media

1873 · 10 · 970

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
on: 24 Apr 2016, 02:56:46 am
Great win today. Well done chuffed to bits but I must ask who on earth is running our social media? No game or score updates at all on fb or Twitter during the game. Is there any reason why? Basic marketing or am I missing something?

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2016, 07:00:51 am
We can't even get our scoreboard to work so ne chance of updating social media marra.

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2016, 11:12:56 am
Shambles. Big opportunity to get floating fans interested, ex pats updated and sponsors more coverage. Its 2016 for Christ sake the bare minimum is a score update!!!!!!

Offline wickerman

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2016, 11:35:33 am
Offer to do it lads .I'm sure the club would be grateful

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #4 on: 24 Apr 2016, 11:52:27 am
Club always looking for volunteers
born and bred haven.

Offline fazza

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 24 Apr 2016, 10:34:14 pm
I was doing the social media stuff for the club in 2015 , however at the end of last season the Board cancelled my access to the clubs social media accounts . Informed me that the post of Media Manager was being made redundant ,and that role would be done in house for 2016 , 

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 24 Apr 2016, 11:41:24 pm
Interesting fazza. It needs to be a priority. Saying 'we don't have the volunteers' to do it obviously means it isn't high on the priority list.

Offline wickerman

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 25 Apr 2016, 06:26:56 am
1873 - contact the club to volunteer?

Offline Havener

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 25 Apr 2016, 09:47:24 am

that's not as easy as it sounds, I used to run the old Whitehaven twitter (@whitehaven_rlfc) i set this up in my own time as at that time we were one of the few clubs without a twitter feed. The club then chose to run their own feed (which is fine although a message asking me to stop would have been nice)
I also used to update the clubs website again in my own time a few years ago but was one day stopped access without any notice again. I asked the club this year again if they wanted me to update the website (even if it was just the stats on the side as we sill had the 2014 stats showing) nothing came of this, Although i was asked if I would help create an Online shop to put on the website, The club said they would be in touch, This was over 3 months ago and i am still waiting.

I'd be more than happy to help out with the social media.
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2016, 09:49:46 am by Havener »

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 25 Apr 2016, 10:20:58 am

that's not as easy as it sounds, I used to run the old Whitehaven twitter (@whitehaven_rlfc) i set this up in my own time as at that time we were one of the few clubs without a twitter feed. The club then chose to run their own feed (which is fine although a message asking me to stop would have been nice)
I also used to update the clubs website again in my own time a few years ago but was one day stopped access without any notice again. I asked the club this year again if they wanted me to update the website (even if it was just the stats on the side as we sill had the 2014 stats showing) nothing came of this, Although i was asked if I would help create an Online shop to put on the website, The club said they would be in touch, This was over 3 months ago and i am still waiting.

I'd be more than happy to help out with the social media.

This has been a problem since this forum was created, lots of help,offered, but some in the club want their own little empire.

You can only offer so many times, before thinking whats the point!

HW