HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Leafa

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
on: 10 Oct 2006, 05:38:50 pm
I hear Leafa is back home trying to sort his Visa out for next season, anyone any idea how long these things take to sort out?
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2006, 06:20:10 pm
I hear Leafa is back home trying to sort his Visa out for next season, anyone any idea how long these things take to sort out?

Try  asking  the  home  office............just  a  pity  he  wasn't  Polish.  It  would  have  been  done  in  seconds. :D

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2006, 06:54:04 pm

Try  asking  the  home  office............just  a  pity  he  wasn't  Polish.  It  would  have  been  done  in  seconds. :D
   well said mate you are dead right
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2006, 10:36:22 pm

What's that got to do with it?  Keep on topic.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 10 Oct 2006, 10:45:05 pm
hes a top player as hes shown who likes whitehaven thats why he whants to come back but how long will it take for things to go through for him to return

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2006, 08:38:22 pm
I bet ya a weeks wages he will be back
Can't stand Jam, eh!

havenchamps2005

Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2006, 09:15:05 pm
his last words before he left the lads to return home were ile be back  ;D

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 11 Oct 2006, 09:42:12 pm
hope so marras cos i think leigh are talking bout re sighning him hope not

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 11 Oct 2006, 09:56:14 pm
He wouldnt take a backward step surely
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #9 on: 11 Oct 2006, 10:04:44 pm
i doubt it ,if he gets a permit im certain hell be back at haven,so long as hes had an offer worth coming for.. he seemed to really like it up here.......hes getting the community task isnt he ????   hurry up mark get that permit sorted rapid :) :)

• Haven Legend
Reply #10 on: 11 Oct 2006, 10:25:53 pm
he might not like our winter weather up here lol

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 17 Oct 2006, 12:40:33 pm
He loves it up here! I think as long as he gets the visa he will be back! The club said that they didnt see a problem with him getting the visa sorted! How long does he have to keep getting these visas for? Is that what the likes of Fats and lester came over on in the first place?  :P
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 17 Oct 2006, 01:11:44 pm
He loves it up here! I think as long as he gets the visa he will be back! The club said that they didnt see a problem with him getting the visa sorted! How long does he have to keep getting these visas for? Is that what the likes of Fats and lester came over on in the first place?  :P

Lester, Fats and Leroy came over as overseas players, back then we could have about 7. We had Soss, Palmer, Gus and a couple others. As the seasons went on they (RFL) started to restrict the number we could have and by 2000 it was down to 2 players so Leroy went over to HKR for a year and for the following season Lester and Fats came off the quota as they'd lived in the country for 5 years so Leroy came back as our overseas player and got off the quota soon after (5 years). Now everythings changed Leroy and Fats would have been able to come over as Kolpak players under the current laws (but are British citizens now anyway from the past laws) so would have been in a similar position to Leafa. As far as i can see Leafa would need to keep getting visas every 2 years or however long they give him them for.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 17 Oct 2006, 05:47:27 pm
The  lad  got  better  and  better  with  every  game.  It  would  be  great  news  if  we  could  get  him  back.  Looks  like  all  of  the  players  want  him  back  too.

Offline Morrissey

• Academy Signing
Reply #14 on: 24 Oct 2006, 03:13:40 pm
Hi,

We (Castleford Tigers) Have just signed Mark Leafa
http://www.castigers.com/cgi-bin/shownews.cgi?3432
What are your views on him? will he be a good signing?
Cheers and all the best