HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

todays match

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
on: 10 Jun 2007, 05:30:32 pm
wasnt there today, at work, sounded awful on radio< can radio cumbria not find ANYTHING better than cox!???>

but lets be honest, its been coming since about march hasnt it? we have played well in one game in the last 3 months<catalans in the cup> anyone thinking otherwise is either too loyal for their own good or kidding themselves

the "its a sign of a good team when you can play bad and still win" attitude has to change, been proved today that its hard to step up a gear when required!

simply put we are not good enough to presume we can just turn up and beat teams,god help us when we play widnes and castleford!!

something has to change

rotherham was asked on radio about team selection, more inparticular about carl sice, and he refused to give an answer,

sorry dave but as coach of my hometown club and as one of many people who pay your wages YOU are duty bound to explain your team selections when asked about them.
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2007, 05:35:22 pm
He as no answers, sack him and lets have Cullen back!

Offline DRfoff

• Academy Signing
Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2007, 05:37:25 pm
I've been watching 'haven for over 10 years now and today?s game was possibly the worst game of the lot.

We have a clueless coach who is too stubborn to play his best players, Sice would have dominated today?s game in them conditions but he chooses to pick Mattinson who for me hasn?t done one thing better than Sice in his time at the club and Lester, who looks as if he's playing just to finish the season.

The game plan was completely wrong, the coaching of this club has seriously declined since DR's arrival, our performances this season have been average at best, his player management skills are awful, his coaching is one dimensional and his selections are laughable. Why have Lester, Smith and Mattinson all in the same line up when they all play the same way? We seriously miss a real playmaker that can change a game in a second, since the likes of Nanyn, Obst and Penny have gone, and now DR's refusal to pick Sice, we look one-dimensional and when in a try scoring opportunity we look flat. Duffy can do it but only on rare occasions.

Our attack today looked very flat and ordinary and we made a average Leigh side look like St Helens, the atmosphere in the ground nowadays is very poor, I feel that this is down to the poor rugby that we play now, I no longer look forward to coming down to the Rec' to watch 'haven

I've been a season ticket holder for a long time now, but I wont be renewing it next season if that clown is still in charge and I wont be attending any more matches this season unless the way 'haven play changes. I wouldn?t normally voice my opinion on this forum but as I know that some directors will read this forum hopefully they will take note.

An unhappy to say the least 'haven fan.

popularsider

Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2007, 05:40:17 pm
i think if the doncaster game does ahead next friday we will be lucky to get 1500

we have a clown in charge and i agree with everything DRoff said

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2007, 05:48:02 pm
that result was over due played poor for weeks anyone out there agree.get rid of rotherham at end of season
ALWAYS  HAVEN

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #5 on: 10 Jun 2007, 05:49:31 pm
Here Here mate.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #6 on: 10 Jun 2007, 05:54:30 pm
Oh ere we go again we have a awful game and DR should get sacked. Its the players aswell !!!!! 
The team is capable of winning they just didnt do anything creative it was just pass the ball run it in every tackle we need some creativity and direction!! so less of your winging about DR  >:( >:( >:( >:(

popularsider

Reply #7 on: 10 Jun 2007, 05:56:56 pm
faceinthe90s

it is DR job to set a game plan and it was obvious today he didnt set one we dont have any moves in the sets we have nothing except a lad playing academy rugby who is a match winner his name CARL SICE

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #8 on: 10 Jun 2007, 05:59:25 pm
Sicey is too greedy with the ball !!! 

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #9 on: 10 Jun 2007, 06:00:49 pm
He would have made all the difference today though.

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #10 on: 10 Jun 2007, 06:01:08 pm
Oh ere we go again we have a awful game and DR should get sacked. Its the players aswell !!!!! 
The team is capable of winning they just didnt do anything creative it was just pass the ball run it in every tackle we need some creativity and direction!! so less of your winging about DR  >:( >:( >:( >:(

i agree just because we lost a game which i know we did play awful in doesn't mean that the coach hs to go, and if h did who exactly do you think will replace him ?

come on haven  :) :)
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline Dogs

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 10 Jun 2007, 06:03:04 pm
The calls for Sice's return won't provide a miracle solution. It's not that simple, unfortunately.

Sice played in that dismal defeat at Doncaster, remember. His presence didn't make a difference that day.

Rugby League isn't a one man game.

popularsider

Reply #12 on: 10 Jun 2007, 06:03:47 pm
fluffy a certain paul cullen?? karl harrison?? do you want me to continue?

maybe sice is greedy but look at his 2004 2005 and 2006 try scoring stats and how many times he won us games and you will sice its a FACT he is a match winner who should be playing

lowca

Reply #13 on: 10 Jun 2007, 06:05:04 pm
 Sicey wouldn't of done any better today because Leigh's defence was too good.

He could of had a nightmare of a game who knows.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #14 on: 10 Jun 2007, 06:09:18 pm
Exactly is sice was that good as you say popularsider then why havent any other team signed him off us as we arent playing him   ???