• Academy Signing
Reply #30 on: 08 Jun 2007, 11:02:11 pm
we also have alot injured

ricky wright
rob jackson
steve maden
scott mcavoy
howard hill

sice is in the u21s again i heard dave if you have something against sicey leave it off the field dont punish a proven match winner drop lester put smith 13 matty 9 sicey off the bench

Sice doesn't deserve a place based on current form

At last, some clarity of thought.

On current form, he doesn't deserve a place.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #31 on: 09 Jun 2007, 08:57:26 am
I  don't  think  he  becomes  a  bad  player  overnight.  On  his  day  Sice  is  as  good  as  any  we have.  He  has  the  ability  of  making  something  out  of  nothing  and  for  me  thats  what  makes  him  a  quality  player.

What  DR  needs  to  do  is  instead  of  dumping  him  in  the  U21's  he  needs  to   give  the  lad  some  encouragement  and  get  him  back  to  his  best.

Offline Dogs

• Academy Signing
Reply #32 on: 09 Jun 2007, 09:46:05 am
Nobody has a 'right' to be in the first team squad on the basis of talent alone.

Talent counts for nothing if form and commitment isn't there.

« Last Edit: 09 Jun 2007, 09:50:03 am by Dogs »

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #33 on: 09 Jun 2007, 01:46:46 pm
dale and benson in squad

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #34 on: 09 Jun 2007, 05:00:25 pm
yeah whats the crack with mcdonald in your 17 ???
Obviously meant to say Matty Dale  ;)

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #35 on: 10 Jun 2007, 08:43:29 am
What DR needs to  do  is  instead  of  dumping  him  in  the  U21's  he  needs  to   give  the  lad  some  encouragement  and  get  him  back  to  his  best.
And that is exactly what DR is doing. Giving him a chance to fight for his place ( as he does not deserve first team rugby with his current form )

A number of players need to be reminded that playing for the Haven is a privilege and not a right. If they think that they should be playing 1st team rugby every week, then they should go up the road and play for Town. Todays RL is bout selecting th right team not the best players on reputation.

I really hope that Sicey does get his form back as we will need him at the business end of the season
[/quote]
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline Whitehaven Lad

• Academy Signing
Reply #36 on: 10 Jun 2007, 09:32:51 am
I think Sice is an excellent player, and as a guy said earlier he is local.What bothers me is Smith and Fletcher going back to Yorkshire teams, and us being back to relying on the lads who are local.I would think Fletcher could be in most squads in SL, maybe not every 17 though.Sicey without doubt can be brilliant when in form, I realise he isn't at his best at the mo but from what I hear Smiths preferred position is 13, so on that basis it's probably down to Sice and Mattison to fight it out.I hope Sice gets through this patch and we see him at his best for the Widnes and Cas fixtures.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #37 on: 10 Jun 2007, 09:41:11 am
refusing to travel to dews as 18th man has not helped him.....
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Whitehaven Lad

• Academy Signing
Reply #38 on: 10 Jun 2007, 09:43:57 am
I didn't know he had refused to travel.Could be Town here he comes.