HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Sicey Pertition Mr Cox

Guest · 38 · 2197

Offline recre06

• Academy Signing
Reply #15 on: 10 Jun 2007, 08:40:22 pm
Sicey should be in the team every week he is class and causes defence problems!

Offline recre06

• Academy Signing
Reply #16 on: 10 Jun 2007, 08:43:13 pm
i vote play sicey but not every game cos he's greedy and if he played bad you would all be winging
you can't just put him in and out of the team each week and can i just say rudd is crap he isn't a stand off at all!

lowca

Reply #17 on: 10 Jun 2007, 08:53:15 pm
Smith should be running at the opposition's defence when he is on for the first 25 minutes and when they come back on in the second half.. The reasoning is we have our two best props on the field at that time (Fats & Trindal) who play the ball quickly.  Smith never takes on the defence because he has no pace.

Therefore Matty should start and Sicey come off the bench. Sicey needs to work harder at acting half back and D.R. will have no option but to play him.

Smith can play loose forward as time has caught up with Lester.    
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2007, 08:57:26 pm by lowca »

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #18 on: 10 Jun 2007, 09:04:25 pm
Little birdy tells me that DR insists that Sicey plays to his "game plan" like he does for the rest of the squad and therein lies the basic problem. When the Game plan doesn't work there is no plan B, which is why you need a totally unpredictable player like Carl Sice. No point in playing him unless he is given a free rein to do what he does best .......... But no Game Plan then its no Sicey & we are struggling to get the cutting edge that JC said we very much lacked today. We didn't have a knife or fork this afternoon so how we are supposed to have a cutting edge is beyond me.

Strange thing is our best performance of the season, Les Catalans, we played to a different script, the play was different everytime that we had the ball and the unpredictability is what worked, whats more we have the talent to be able play like that. So why do we play "one out" all the time drive for 4 down the middle try & spin it out in the 5th ........ then kick ??  Game Plan ? Keep.Rotherham.Appy.Plan.

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #19 on: 11 Jun 2007, 10:29:12 am
Little birdy tells me that DR insists that Sicey plays to his "game plan" like he does for the rest of the squad and therein lies the basic problem. When the Game plan doesn't work there is no plan B, which is why you need a totally unpredictable player like Carl Sice. No point in playing him unless he is given a free rein to do what he does best .......... But no Game Plan then its no Sicey & we are struggling to get the cutting edge that JC said we very much lacked today. We didn't have a knife or fork this afternoon so how we are supposed to have a cutting edge is beyond me.

Strange thing is our best performance of the season, Les Catalans, we played to a different script, the play was different everytime that we had the ball and the unpredictability is what worked, whats more we have the talent to be able play like that. So why do we play "one out" all the time drive for 4 down the middle try & spin it out in the 5th ........ then kick ??  Game Plan ? Keep.Rotherham.Appy.Plan.

A knife or fork mate?  We never had a blunt spoon.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #20 on: 12 Jun 2007, 10:27:12 pm
Well Mr Cox we wont sign a pertition will we not  to get Sicey back playing in the team you think eh?
Well sorry to go against you and your pal DR, I for one would.

Heres the first vote. I vote bring back Sicey. " Every Game"

DR ducked the question asked of Sicey after the game.
Every 1 in the club after the game said the same,,,,,,,DR is a clown.
How can he justify playing spence and benson as a partnership for the 1st time in such an important match.

Well me and my lot didn't call him a clown.
That tag was reserved for the short sighted fans calling for Sicey to save the club during DR interview, now that was rude.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Monte2carlo

Reply #21 on: 12 Jun 2007, 10:40:14 pm
Here's a question for the Carl sice fan club if he is that good and in form now how comes he isn't in the first team ? He goes off to Athens for a football game at the last minute and doesn't like to be 18th man. Team players are required for rugby league not wildcards. If you were at Doncaster you would have seen how useless Mr Sice is at present . He is a one trick pony who believes his own hype.

As for calling DR a clown, the true clowns are the ones who heckle when people are speaking

Monte

Offline havenproud

• Academy Signing
Reply #22 on: 12 Jun 2007, 11:04:52 pm
H He is a one trick pony who believes his own hype.

now before i say anything else i want to make this very clear, i am a fan of impact hookers who make a big impact and terrorize defences, is very unpredictable, and can score tries from nothing to change games ala james roby, but it just so happenes mr sice is the closest thing whitehaven have to that, and afterall rugby league is a 17 man game.

now the point i want to make is that, above you say sice is a man with one game and believes that he is good when everyone is raving about him. now the point i wish to make to you is that, it as only a few months ago that craig calvert was a "one trick pony" (speed) and believes his hype "(confidence??) was not playing very well, but he kept his place in the team and is now scoring for fun.

so why then is sice finding himself dropped when he has a dip in form, but is a player who has proven in the past he can win games, and score us alot of points. why wasnt he given a chance, to regain form and confidence. i also find it very hard to believe that he would have went to athens if he was in the 17 for that weekend.

it is now obvious that there is a rift between dr and many of the players, sice being one of these even tho he has alot of experience, and can win us matches, and must be worth a place on the bench infront of some of these average, or older players that wont make an impact like he can on a game.

come on people wake up, sice is worth a place on the bench!!!! (impact not starting 13) in any team in this league, and a few sl teams. and dr needs to realise this. give him a chance, be consistent with your players who are proven quality but down on form. let him find his feet again, and give him your backing, i bet he delivers.
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2007, 11:08:06 pm by havenproud »

Monte2carlo

Reply #23 on: 12 Jun 2007, 11:10:53 pm
Havenhero,

Oh he has made a definate impact everytime he has been on the pitch this season LOL. I agree with you about needing an impact player and when CS is on form there isn't much better at the role outside of super league but at this moment in time he doesn't want to play for Haven.

Monte

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #24 on: 12 Jun 2007, 11:15:22 pm
H He is a one trick pony who believes his own hype.

now before i say anything else i want to make this very clear, i am a fan of impact hookers who make a big impact and terrorize defences, is very unpredictable, and can score tries from nothing to change games ala james roby, but it just so happenes mr sice is the closest thing whitehaven have to that, and afterall rugby league is a 17 man game.

now the point i want to make is that, above you say sice is a man with one game and believes that he is good when everyone is raving about him. now the point i wish to make to you is that, it as only a few months ago that craig calvert was a "one trick pony" (speed) and believes his hype "(confidence??) was not playing very well, but he kept his place in the team and is now scoring for fun.

so why then is sice finding himself dropped when he has a dip in form, but is a player who has proven in the past he can win games, and score us alot of points. why wasnt he given a chance, to regain form and confidence. i also find it very hard to believe that he would have went to athens if he was in the 17 for that weekend.

it is now obvious that there is a rift between dr and many of the players, sice being one of these even tho he has alot of experience, and can win us matches, and must be worth a place on the bench infront of some of these average, or older players that wont make an impact like he can on a game.

come on people wake up, sice is worth a place on the bench!!!! (impact not starting 13) in any team in this league, and a few sl teams. and dr needs to realise this. give him a chance, be consistent with your players who are proven quality but down on form. let him find his feet again, and give him your backing, i bet he delivers.

Now that is a most excellent post mate. I agree with everything you have just said. Give him the chance to shut the doubters up. and lets get this rift between him and DR knocked on the head for the sake of the club.

Offline havenproud

• Academy Signing
Reply #25 on: 12 Jun 2007, 11:23:08 pm
Havenhero,

Oh he has made a definate impact everytime he has been on the pitch this season LOL. I agree with you about needing an impact player and when CS is on form there isn't much better at the role outside of super league but at this moment in time he doesn't want to play for Haven.

Monte

this season he has been hot and cold 2 say the least, i agree with that! although he has still scored 8 tries for us, and has been missing alot, through injury or being dropped.
but what needs to be examined is why he doesn't want to play for us.

mayb a public handshake to show us nothing is too much is wrong in the camp, and a decent run in the team to find form.

Monte2carlo

Reply #26 on: 12 Jun 2007, 11:31:00 pm
i see where you are coming from HH, but why should the coach have to apologise to a player who has lost his form. Carl Sice will be back when he is mentally and physically fit, me thinks until them he will be playing u21 or a reserve grade player

Monte

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #27 on: 12 Jun 2007, 11:37:24 pm
You say he won't play as he has lost form so why did Craig Calvert play when he had lost form, im not disrespecting Craig as he is a great player but you can''t have rules for different players.

Offline havenproud

• Academy Signing
Reply #28 on: 12 Jun 2007, 11:39:14 pm
i see where you are coming from HH, but why should the coach have to apologise to a player who has lost his form. Carl Sice will be back when he is mentally and physically fit, me thinks until them he will be playing u21 or a reserve grade player

Monte

yeah sorry didn't fully think that through, no public apology needed, but for gods sake give him a decent run in the 17, that way he will have his confidence boosted.

if he is an under 21 player for too much longer, 2 things will happen, 1, we will lose him. or 2 he isnt gona be match first team match sharp when we need him, and his confidence will be even lower, if i was playing i would defiantly rather be first team bench, than u21 player, what sort of motivation is u21 for someone who has been there done it, but is still in his prime, and could be getting 1st team wages elsewhere.

Monte2carlo

Reply #29 on: 12 Jun 2007, 11:43:12 pm
Hasn't he got an injury at the moment with his knee or leg ? Maybe that is why he isn't inform as he is trying to hide the injury

Monte