HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Dave Rotherham

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
on: 10 Jun 2007, 07:26:39 pm
Alot of people are calling for DR's head so let the paying fan decide???????????

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2007, 02:27:52 am
i'd give him the old choparooney like. Get ged and his black punts in the coaches seat

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2007, 10:21:07 am
I would rather have him mate then the guy we have got.

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 11 Jun 2007, 03:42:54 pm
I think if we dont put 70 on Donny on Friday then try this ballot again. In the real world all we have done is lost 2 home league games under him in two year and put in a good performance against catlans and we are within 80 mins of a cup final that is surely no reason to call for the blokes head.
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2007, 04:02:38 pm
what a load of **** people talk sack him jesus we have lots of players injured weve lost two games every1s to blame player coachs staff everyone. not one person take john sharp for example lost the first 7 games of superleague and look what happend when huddersfield stuck with there coach and what they have done maybe this could be a blessing in disguise because this should give everyone a kick up the arse and get into gear we are just as good as the rest part time or not everyone knows it and christ we can play just need to step it up a few gears really think we need a new prop though thats my only critism that we need a roobust forward who hits hard and runs fast at the line and i know theres money to use we got rid of baynes we really need a prop imo.

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2007, 04:45:29 pm
what a load of **** people talk sack him jesus we have lots of players injured weve lost two games every1s to blame player coachs staff everyone. not one person take john sharp for example lost the first 7 games of superleague and look what happend when huddersfield stuck with there coach and what they have done maybe this could be a blessing in disguise because this should give everyone a kick up the arse and get into gear we are just as good as the rest part time or not everyone knows it and christ we can play just need to step it up a few gears really think we need a new prop though thats my only critism that we need a roobust forward who hits hard and runs fast at the line and i know theres money to use we got rid of baynes we really need a prop imo.

Of course it was the coaches fault....He chose to play a forward as a centre and a fullback as his winger in a crucial home game, the players did not pick the team the coach did.
Why did he not put Rudd in the centre and play Bamber or elsey at 6 or even put Craig Macavoy in at centre straight away.
A coach picks the team and if hes wrong he deserves the stick the same as he deserves the plaudits when he does well.

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 11 Jun 2007, 05:13:05 pm
Agreed. The coach has to take the buck. The responsibility ends with the coach since he picks the team.  :(

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 11 Jun 2007, 05:44:09 pm

Of course it was the coaches fault....He chose to play a forward as a centre and a fullback as his winger in a crucial home game, the players did not pick the team the coach did.
Why did he not put Rudd in the centre and play Bamber or elsey at 6 or even put Craig Macavoy in at centre straight away.
A coach picks the team and if hes wrong he deserves the stick the same as he deserves the plaudits when he does well.
Well  said  Haven  Marra.  I  thought  the  same thing.  Miller  isn't  a  centre  and  Benson  isn't  a  winger.

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 12 Jun 2007, 05:01:38 pm
I could understand if Haven were at the bottom of the ladder! but the win/lose this season is all anyone could ask for!The lads came of a winning streak that is always hard to keep going as you lose a bit of the fire in the belly! This is why a team usually cames back hard when they have a big lose. Rothman is grooming the team as you would at a topflight level from what i can see. He is making the most of the little resources he has! Which would people prefer, that he tries out people in different positions and gives them match time to get a feel for the other players and teams, now or at the end of the season when he has injuries and he has to put players on that have had no 1st game time and do not have the experience as older guys to step up at short notice???
It is such a basic thing, that even someone with limited knowledge of the game understands.You do not blood players or blood players in positions they are no used to at the end of a season when every game counts!
It is not over till the Fat Lady sings, you will know we are in really big trouble if Fats starts to sing, let alone the Fat Lady!:)

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 12 Jun 2007, 05:19:23 pm
the miller playing center thing was not a great idea he is a seconder rower but not a centre but DR thought he would try it and if it worked he could use it again if needed

But people caling for his head is a disgrace we have lost just 3 times this season and 80 mins away from our first NRC cup final not a bad job this season

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 12 Jun 2007, 05:25:35 pm
the miller playing center thing was not a great idea he is a seconder rower but not a centre but DR thought he would try it and if it worked he could use it again if needed

But people caling for his head is a disgrace we have lost just 3 times this season and 80 mins away from our first NRC cup final not a bad job this season

In top flight it is done often, especially if you go against a pack that is much bigger. it gives you extra weight and draws opposition backs to that player opening up gaps.
You will often see a forward hanging out at the wing in the opposition half in both league and union.
It all depends on the ball skills of the forward and he ability!:)
You can not tell from a couple of goes if he will work out there, he would be nervous as hell there so its better to bleed him now and see if he has the goods to add to the pack weight later, don't you think!

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 12 Jun 2007, 06:50:17 pm
He's never going to get sacked is he.

I'm not a fan of his but really he's got the rest of this season to prove he's worth a new contract, which unless we win the Grand Final is going to be unlikely.

I think the biggest problem now is that we've lost 2 league games this season and the coach has played a massive role in both of those defeats. At Doncaster we were playing quite well and got it back to 16-16 until he decided it was a good idea to take our best player off which he's done all season but most of the time in the first half so the player could come back on and change the game back. Then on Sunday he decides to put 2 players out of position and then put them on the same wing basically ending any chance of us scoring down that side, once we were behind we looked a beaten side and lacked any idea, to me that comes down to the coach. He's the one who sets the gameplans and if the players don't know what to do then it's his coaching that comes under question. The potential in this squad is good i think it's a better squad of players than we had in 2005 but they appear to be held back by the coach.

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 12 Jun 2007, 07:20:33 pm
So who gets the credit for the 16 games we have won? Or does DR only get the blame when we get beat

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #13 on: 12 Jun 2007, 07:40:11 pm
I say keep Dave

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 12 Jun 2007, 07:50:44 pm
So who gets the credit for the 16 games we have won? Or does DR only get the blame when we get beat

]half  were only  2nd div teams and we just beat  them   Dr must go sooner the better
ALWAYS  HAVEN