HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Dave Rotherham

popularsider

Reply #15 on: 12 Jun 2007, 08:08:31 pm
champ the coach gets credit for wins but he takes the blame for losing aswell and they havent been good loses they have been pathetic loses.

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #16 on: 12 Jun 2007, 08:33:22 pm
Fact is marra its 16 wins and 3 losses.  Would Saints Wigan or Leeds sack a coach with that record i doubt it very much.  The fact is DR picks the team and because he isnt picking certain players that people like he gets slagged off.  He is the coach and stands or falls by results.  If we were 3rd of bottom with 16 losses and 3 wins i would agree its time to go but that is not the situation.

popularsider

Reply #17 on: 12 Jun 2007, 08:45:21 pm
but champ why could everyone else see on sunday before the game

miller isnt a centre?
benson not matter how hard he tries is not a winger he is a full back?

why wernt lebbon and sice selected?? lester has been a fantastic servent but its time he handed the reigns over to younger hands

smith to 13
matty to 9
sice to the bench

why wasnt craig mcavoy put in the centre atleast he would be used to playing there where as spencer wasnt.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 12 Jun 2007, 09:01:39 pm
Its been a rocky start with getting wins but not great class, Its all down to the business end of the season to see how good we are, Leigh was the real first test lets see how we do with cas and widnes and  the likes.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #19 on: 12 Jun 2007, 10:18:55 pm
Go on then name me a coach who you would have instead of Rotheram.
Karl Harrison  ( won 4 lost 14 in all competitions )
Ged Stokes average 27% success rate

Or DR   80%   success.
As i have said, the players need to stand up and be counted, we have been here before when player power got rid of Stan Martin ( wrongfully ) and Kevin Tamiti ( rightfully ). PLayer power is the issue her not the coach.

It seems that the club can never win:
Lose the odd game then it;s sack the coach
Win lots of games get to the grand final and lose, then its the  " players don't want Super League "

If you don;t like the progress that we have made under Cullen, Steve Mac and now DR then go up the road and support them lot.
Call yourselves supporters, you should be ashamed ( look at the posting last night by the Leigh fan )

We should revel in our relative success this year ( i Bet Donny would swap spots with us )
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 12 Jun 2007, 10:25:32 pm
So who gets the credit for the 16 games we have won? Or does DR only get the blame when we get beat

agree when we win its the players played really well we were good in defence etc but when we lose its because of the coach
haven till i die

Monte2carlo

Reply #21 on: 12 Jun 2007, 10:28:40 pm
well said mr Goodwin,

Instead of sacking DR why don't we either a) put him in stock or b) flog him to sastify the 6 people who are calling for his head on here

We lost one game at home for god's sake

Monte

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #22 on: 12 Jun 2007, 10:38:24 pm

well said mr Goodwin,

Instead of sacking DR why don't we either a) put him in stock or b) flog him to sastify the 6 people who are calling for his head on here

Monte

YES TO A TEAM WE SHOULD HAVE BEAT, AND WE SHOULD HAVE BEAT DONCASTER. SO WHAT YOUR ALL SAYING NO ONES TO BLAME, WE PAY DR TO DO A JOB. SEE WHAT YOU ALL HAVE TO SAY AT SEASONS END WHEN ITS TO LATE.
MAYBE WE CAN TIE HIM TO SOME SCAFFOLDING AND FLOG HIM THEN. AND US  SO CALLED SIX ARE ENTITLED TO OUR VIEWS.

Monte2carlo

Reply #23 on: 12 Jun 2007, 10:48:30 pm
To all the doubters,

If you are that concerned by DR's coaching and team selection i'm sure he would listen to you in telling him where he is going so badly wrong.

Monte

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #24 on: 12 Jun 2007, 11:01:46 pm
My backside he would listen, it's his way or no way.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 13 Jun 2007, 07:43:50 am
To all the doubters,

If you are that concerned by DR's coaching and team selection i'm sure he would listen to you in telling him where he is going so badly wrong.

Monte

he may listen monte, but will he HEAR what people say?

we are STILL waiting for an answer to a question posed to him after the widnes home defeat LAST SEASON!!!!!

any time anyone asks him a question he avoids answering it liike the plague! perhaps he should consider westminster for his next career move?
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #26 on: 13 Jun 2007, 11:23:30 am
well said mr Goodwin,

Monte

By the way us so called 6 of whom I am one. Are now 28 according to the poll.

specialbrew92

Reply #27 on: 13 Jun 2007, 12:00:46 pm
So 28 out of 2000 want him sacked now use the maths and work out the percentages !

Monte

PS Prepare the humble pie cause you will be needing it

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 13 Jun 2007, 12:14:54 pm
I think sacking dave rotheram and peter smith would be abit harsh but something has to be done because the way we play is very boring to say the least. I think dave rotheram and peter smith should eat abit of humble pie and just play some of the players he has a problem with. The crowds are down this year evan thou we are wining  for the simple facted its crap rugby with very little passion and dave rotheram is the first to take the praise for a win but he has to take the flak for a loss and not just use excuses

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #29 on: 13 Jun 2007, 12:32:26 pm
So 28 out of 2000 want him sacked now use the maths and work out the percentages !

Monte

PS Prepare the humble pie cause you will be needing it

Derrrr we don't have 2000 thousand voting on this site. we had 28  sack hims, 10 not sure, and a hand full of Dont No, Now who is in the minority. And by the way One unhappy fan is enough, Never mind 28 marra. Are we all wrong. or just seeing things that most of you sheep don't. Baaaaaaa!