HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

fridays match

Offline w/haven lass

• Academy Signing
on: 11 Jun 2007, 11:10:47 pm
heard a "rumour" that the match on friday might not go ahead,anyone know if this is true

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2007, 11:12:31 pm
Why not ?

Offline w/haven lass

• Academy Signing
Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2007, 11:14:43 pm
something to do with going bust.....hopefully will just be a load of cack, was looking forward to kicking off the festival with watching this
« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2007, 11:17:46 pm by w/haven lass »

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 11 Jun 2007, 11:24:08 pm
A wonder if theres any news on them with whats happening.

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2007, 11:25:03 pm
No they are in trouble and there is doubts about if they will turn up. Do not know if that would be a good thing or a bad thing for us? Gives us a rest to recharge the batteries that they seem to need after last performance. or make us more rusty?

Tommy43

Reply #5 on: 12 Jun 2007, 08:53:22 am
D day for Doncaster is Wednesday. Let's hope for they pull through

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 12 Jun 2007, 09:30:53 am
they wouldn't just not turn up they'd have to tell the team there playing surely, good luck to them tho wouldn't like to see any team go under.

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #7 on: 12 Jun 2007, 10:24:20 am
Here Here mate lets hope they survive! Good Luck to them.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 12 Jun 2007, 10:47:46 am
If the weather carries on like this, will be lucky if there is a 1000 there, mixed forecasts on a few weather sites, but things dont bode well for the game, or Whitehavens biggest event over the weekend.

TW

PS

Hope its OK about 5pm on Friday i have the Red Arrows booked to do a Wedding Anniversary display for the wife. 

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 12 Jun 2007, 11:54:43 am
From what I understand, there is a meeting on Wednesday evening and if the necessary money is not forthcoming, the club will be put into Liquidation.

Must be a nightmare for the board, because:

a) They probably won't know until Thursday if the match is going ahead
b) If the match doesn't go ahead, the club will suffer a loss of income that has already been budgeted for and perhaps pre-spent
c) Again if the match doesn't go ahead, in addition to the loss of pay-on-the-gate income, the club will need to reimburse 1/12th of the Season Ticket costs to Season Ticket holders, again money already probably spent.

Potentially the demise of Doncaster could have a knock-on effect for Whitehaven through the loss of income, we might need to release a player or two!!

Being selfish, lets hope they survive for at least one more week, so they can fulfil the fixture on Friday night.

However, if there is a bucket collection, I for one will NOT contribute. Made the mistake with Halifax, and now they are going Full-Time in 2008 which could push Haven further down the pecking order.

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #10 on: 12 Jun 2007, 01:14:20 pm
If the weather carries on like this, will be lucky if there is a 1000 there, mixed forecasts on a few weather sites, but things dont bode well for the game, or Whitehavens biggest event over the weekend.

TW

PS

Hope its OK about 5pm on Friday i have the Red Arrows booked to do a Wedding Anniversary display for the wife. 

My 25 th today mate, I told her I booked them for her but they were bizzy today, so I told her they said they give her a wave on Friday as they go over, and believe me you can see their faces when they go over my garden, I seem to be in the area they turn around to go back for another run. Anyway congrats on the anniversary mate.

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 12 Jun 2007, 04:40:52 pm
No they are in trouble and there is doubts about if they will turn up. Do not know if that would be a good thing or a bad thing for us? Gives us a rest to recharge the batteries that they seem to need after last performance. or make us more rusty?

The reason they had such a bad game was they had a rest. Even most fulltime teams hate having a rest before the last few weeks of a season and even then its touch and go!
With a part time team you lose more because you do not train as much as top flight. 80% of the time a rest is the worst thing for a side!:) Ever wonder why the start of a season for every team is pretty average games!
« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2007, 04:11:03 am by toddy »