HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

WRLFC Coach driver (REAYS) banned for M1 three-point turn

Martin · 13 · 1417

Offline wickerman

• Academy Star
Note the bit about the agitated passengers some of them drunk . ...  ::)

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Note the bit about the agitated passengers some of them drunk . ...  ::)

It states drinking not drunk. After the performance they put in at London last year I would they are entitled to a drink.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Wonder if the other drivers who went that way where also banned saying that it was an outrageous spot to do a 3 point turn the others where much smaller vehicles

Offline wickerman

• Academy Star
Christ . I didn't say that they didn't deserve a drink. It states that were agitated and had been drinking. Looks bad on everyone.

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
After watching the video of the incident the traffic commissioners have definitely made the correct decision in revoking the drivers Category "D" license  . The driver deliberately broke the law, putting the safety of his passengers at risk. He'd also allowed one of the passengers to get off the coach whilst on the motorway.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
I feel I have to defend this man, what actually happened was that the approach lane that he turned into was being cleared from the back I.E. people had stopped the traffic coming up the approach lane and were diverting people yes the wrong way down the approach lane. This diversion was being monitored and the driver just followed suit he did so with a Whitehaven player carefully helping. There were many other vehicles doing the same thing. The intention of the people at the bottom was to try and stop a huge area becoming gridlocked. Perhaps they did make a wrong call but the intentions were well meant and no one was in danger of being hit by a vehicle driving the wrong way. CC

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Might be well intended CC but I'm sure he did realise at the time that what he was doing was against the law.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Yes agreed but it wasn't being done in any way a dangerous fashion as suggested by DP, his passengers life was never in danger that's simply tosh. I do hope the traffic police sanctioned all the other drivers as well but I doubt it. It was being done in an orderly fashion almost like an emegency evacuation and the man is back driving with Reays. Cc

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
I blame Dual Reg,

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #10 on: 15 Jun 2016, 10:11:59 pm
😂😂😂

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 15 Jun 2016, 10:32:40 pm
I feel I have to defend this man, what actually happened was that the approach lane that he turned into was being cleared from the back I.E. people had stopped the traffic coming up the approach lane and were diverting people yes the wrong way down the approach lane. This diversion was being monitored and the driver just followed suit he did so with a Whitehaven player carefully helping. There were many other vehicles doing the same thing. The intention of the people at the bottom was to try and stop a huge area becoming gridlocked. Perhaps they did make a wrong call but the intentions were well meant and no one was in danger of being hit by a vehicle driving the wrong way. CC

Yes agreed but it wasn't being done in any way a dangerous fashion as suggested by DP, his passengers life was never in danger that's simply tosh. I do hope the traffic police sanctioned all the other drivers as well but I doubt it. It was being done in an orderly fashion almost like an emegency evacuation and the man is back driving with Reays. Cc

Only the Police or Highways Agency Traffic Officers are allowed to authorise vehicles to use a slip road like that. And did you notice that as the Reays driver was completeing his manoeuvre 2 HGVs were heading up the slip road to join the motorway??? What if it had been a coach load of schoolchildren.... would you have condoned his behaviour then?

The traffic commissioners were right to suspend his license and the driver should be made to resit his Driver CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) before he is allowed to drive a coach again.

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 16 Jun 2016, 04:32:18 pm
Has anyone else who watched the video not noticed anything?? when the coach is making the three point turn the rest of the traffic on the motor way was moving and it wasn't grid locked, its very bad publicity for REAYS, especially with the amount of work they do with the county council on school contracts and on sellafield, think the driver will struggle to get another job coach driving,