HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

locals

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
on: 11 Jun 2007, 11:19:32 am
As we are not going to get to superleague this year why not get some of are younger players in the team wouldnt mind seeing ford come in on the bench  john lebbon on one wing and craig macavoy to stand off or center .  and do we need to be bringin aron smith up from yorkshire when we have lester and matty and sice. I would also think about letting rob jackson go because his always injured and hasnt played well . With the money we would save on these players we could get what we have needed for years a classy stand off  and maybe a prop that can break tackles. I no it might sound abit radical but are team is realy old and it showed yesterday

popularsider

Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2007, 12:11:12 pm
i would keep rob jackson and aaron smith as smith can cover for lester at 13 next season and should be this season., rob jackson is a good centre who with a good run in the team would prove that

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2007, 01:53:30 pm
When Rob Jackson has played this season he hasn't done much, Derrie is our in form centre and i would put him in front of Rob all the time. For me he is our 4th choice centre as seeds and McAvoy will be ahead of him.

popularsider

Reply #3 on: 11 Jun 2007, 04:30:53 pm
derrie is a lad who thinks he is a world beater and he isnt. rob jackson and mcavoy would be my centres

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2007, 05:51:42 pm
I  thought  Eilbeck  was  poor  yesterday.  He  could  have  fed  Calvert  on  a  number  of  occasions  and  didn't.

When  he  did  he  got  hammered  into  touch.  When  Rob  Jackson  gets  fully  fit (if  Ever !!)  then I'm sure he'll be a better player.

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2007, 05:58:37 pm
Derrie doesn't think he is a world beater and just because he didn't link up well with calvert doesn't mean he is a bad player, we have all seen how he plays with maden and they compliment each other well ,one of the best winger centre combinations i have seen, just cuase you don't rate the guy doesn't mean he shouldn't play.

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 11 Jun 2007, 07:31:53 pm
Unfortunately I couldn't make yesterdays game.  Sounds like Derry had a bad game, as I wasn't there I can't disagree with that, but I will say IMO, Derry is the most improved player at the club this year.
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 11 Jun 2007, 08:26:20 pm
Derrie didnt link with calvert well yesterday because we were to slow getting the ball out wide! bythe time the ball was played to derrie there was 5 yards between him and the trouch line, so what is the point giving it to calvert to get smashed into touch every single set ??

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 11 Jun 2007, 08:30:44 pm
Thats it thought as soon as Derrie has a bad game people jump on his back, he has been one of our best players this season and to drop him because of one bad game is ridiculous, if players have one bad game and start to say drop him we aren't going to have a team by the end of the season on the form we are in.

popularsider

Reply #9 on: 11 Jun 2007, 09:00:37 pm
derrie isnt as good as scott mcavoy craig mcavoy rob jackson or seeds its as simple as that

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 11 Jun 2007, 09:02:52 pm
my concern is we are not giving local lads the chance. there was not 1 cumbrian forward in our starting pack yesterday
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 11 Jun 2007, 09:15:07 pm
Gotta say i think derrie has come on leaps and bounds since the start of last season. Most players played poor yesterday

havenfan in hull

Reply #12 on: 12 Jun 2007, 11:25:55 am
to be honest im not that fussed where there from if they play well n win us matchs. local is a bonus but r jackson n smith defo bring alot to our team. maden been quality this season and the testimonial lads are all quality servents to the club. fletch is our best player too n he not local. we couldnt do without them

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 12 Jun 2007, 11:35:38 am
Why do we have a u21's if every time we get injuries we get a player on loan what will be the long term value of matt dale and banister we should of give one of are own lads a chance and why dose dave rotheram play players out of position like leroy at second row benson wing sice full back jackson wing derry wing broadbent center miller center . Against the top sides you will get court out like sunday. I just feel are local lads get a raw deal i feel people like rob jackson and maiden should have to prove their fitness in the u21's and not just be guranteed a spot in the first team just because they have played superleague theirs a reason players fall out of superleague and its normaly because their not good enough any more  harsh but true.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 12 Jun 2007, 12:49:37 pm
Doesn't meen there not good in our league tho, but with all off form players they should have to prove there selves your right on that note, i just think at the mo DR has his game plan tits up.