HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Referendum

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
on: 24 Jun 2016, 06:40:29 am
The UK as a whole votes leave but Scotland and Northern Ireland vote to stay. Could the be the start of the break up on the United Kingdom
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 24 Jun 2016, 06:46:16 am
And London votes to remain which is different to the rest of England which says a lot about the London "bubble"

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 24 Jun 2016, 06:54:45 am
And London votes to remain which is different to the rest of England which says a lot about the London "bubble"
It certainly does.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #3 on: 24 Jun 2016, 08:12:27 am
The Scottish people voted to remain part of the U.K., they cannot throw their toys out the pram when a democratic decision goes against them.

I find it ironic that a fanatical bunch of Nationalists want to be ruled by an Un-democratic corrupt regime
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 24 Jun 2016, 09:38:42 am
The Scottish people voted to remain part of the U.K., they cannot throw their toys out the pram when a democratic decision goes against them.

I find it ironic that a fanatical bunch of Nationalists want to be ruled by an Un-democratic corrupt regime

Her toys will be out of the pram.

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 24 Jun 2016, 10:09:49 am
What about N. Ireland. They may well go for a united Ireland as many of them have long awaited. I know several Ulstermen who want this.
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 24 Jun 2016, 10:48:58 am

They maybe think it's better to be ruled by an undemocratic corrupt regime based in Brussels than the undemocratic corrupt regime that has ruled them based in London. N Ireland an Wales next.
Successive London based govermments have for years done the best for London and the South and only succeeded in dividing the country - you reap what you so I'm afraid.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 24 Jun 2016, 11:21:25 am
Wales voted to leave

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 24 Jun 2016, 11:48:38 am
Toys out of the pram already

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #9 on: 24 Jun 2016, 11:52:26 am

They maybe think it's better to be ruled by an undemocratic corrupt regime based in Brussels than the undemocratic corrupt regime that has ruled them based in London. N Ireland an Wales next.
Successive London based govermments have for years done the best for London and the South and only succeeded in dividing the country - you reap what you so I'm afraid.

Done the best for London? They voted to remain!
Will Scotland be financially better off on their own? The Scottish people didn't believe that last year when they voted to remain as part of the UK! How well will they do without their share of money due to he Barnett formula, oil/gas prices still lower than their own estimates and paying for their own defence and EU contributions (lets remember during the Scottish referendum the EU stated it could a decade for a devolved Scotland to be accepted into the EU)

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline realist_2010

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 24 Jun 2016, 12:30:45 pm

Done the best for London? They voted to remain!
Will Scotland be financially better off on their own? The Scottish people didn't believe that last year when they voted to remain as part of the UK! How well will they do without their share of money due to he Barnett formula, oil/gas prices still lower than their own estimates and paying for their own defence and EU contributions (lets remember during the Scottish referendum the EU stated it could a decade for a devolved Scotland to be accepted into the EU)

Knee jerk reaction form a sore loser and a naïve party albeit it one with principles ( if that's possible in politics). Majority of Scots realise now they have gotten themselves in to a corner. In the event of independence anyone with half a brain up there would be over the border back in to England in a shot

Also makes me laugh that certain politicians are still saying the people ''got it wrong'' ......the arrogance is simply astounding

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 24 Jun 2016, 12:40:00 pm
On a rugby league aspect will it stop second rate aussies/kiwis with European passports coming over and also read something about the kolpac players Samoa png tonga etc how's it gonna affect them it's a visa thro the EU that allows them to come over

Offline batty

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 24 Jun 2016, 01:00:00 pm
It's not knee jerk,it was in the SNP manifesto.

Offline realist_2010

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 24 Jun 2016, 01:23:16 pm
It's not knee jerk,it was in the SNP manifesto.

Fair point but it wasn't being widely pushed pre referendum

Much as I love to look across the Solway at Crieffel on a sunny day Scotland would be screwed as an independent nation unless the price of oil and whisky triples in value

Offline red white and blue

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 24 Jun 2016, 05:06:49 pm
why shouldnt our own two local labour mps resign,after  the electorate given them a vote of no confidence considering they wanted to stay in the corrupt eu?