HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

locals

specialbrew92

Reply #15 on: 12 Jun 2007, 12:56:51 pm
After watching Sunday's game,

We are defenetly missing our 3/4 line, 1 prop and a stand off.  If we can sort out these area's we should be ok for therest of the season.  :o :P

Can someone explain how a local player is going to be better than a travelling player look at Teare and Ford

Monte

I

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 12 Jun 2007, 01:19:43 pm
as i have already said in another post.............

the problem with the local lads now, seems  to be that they are all in well paid jobs and dont want to risk having to pack in to go full time if we reached SL< can you blame them really?>

i believe bobby goulding hit the nail on the head when he said if he were the coach here he would bring in 17 lads who wanted to play in SL, that way you could watch a team who were trying to get to SL!!!!

the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #17 on: 12 Jun 2007, 03:07:06 pm
As much as I like the guys we have playing at the club, I agree with your post Puppetmaster. It's about time to reshape the team with guy's who have lets say ambition rather than other outside detractions like full time employment. I don't mean that nasty that & they do not have ambition, but if I was in the same boat, a few years at the top in rugby, or long term employment looking after my family. I to would choose the full time employment.

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #18 on: 12 Jun 2007, 03:08:56 pm
As much as I like the guys we have playing at the club, I agree with your post Puppetmaster. It's about time to reshape the team with guy's who have lets say ambition rather than other outside detractions like full time employment. I don't mean that nasty & that they do not have ambition, but if I was in the same boat, a few years at the top in rugby, or long term employment looking after my family. I to would choose the full time employment.