HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Record Breaking Bradford

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
on: 12 Jul 2016, 09:05:26 am
 :-[

This weekend’s Championship action was, for the want of a better word, bonkers.

Every game was eye-catching, whether it be Leigh’s impressive hammering of Halifax, Sheffield’s shock win or London or Workington’s rare victory at the expense of Dewsbury. That’s without mentioning Featherstone’s impressive 34-6 victory over Batley that has given them a chance of making the top four.

But the most staggering scoreline came as the hooter sounded at the end of the first-half between Bradford and Whitehaven.

An incredible 40 minutes saw Bradford score NINE tries in just eleven minutes  :-[ , ending the half leading 52-0.

After checking our extensive records, it appears that Bradford’s winning record was the biggest in the top tiers of Rugby League’s leading competitions.

The previous record was from a game in the NRL between Newcastle Knights and North Queensland Cowboys from 2003. The Knights raced to a 48-0 lead by the interval, much to the disbelief of everyone in attendance.

However, the Bulls surpassed that record a minute before the break when Steve Crossley crashed over from close range.

While a bigger scoreline might have been surpassed in an amateur game, it’s unlikely the record will ever be topped in the professional game.

Amazingly, Bradford lost the second-half 18-12!

Bulls chief Rohan Smith said: “I’m not sure if I’ve seen that to be honest. In the first-half it was a really strong start to the game. There was a real ruthless streak in the first-half I thought to keep the foot on the floor.”

http://www.totalrl.com/bradford-break-world-record-first-half-demolition-whitehaven/

:-[
« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2016, 09:07:13 am by jammy dodger »
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."