HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Who will attend on Saturday

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #30 on: 19 Jul 2016, 12:36:52 pm
Whoever attends (I should be one of them) will be able to watch team who out of 22 games have managed to score 20 points or more on only 7 occasions. Three of these have been against Town and in three of these games we have lost, showing our defence wasn't on form that day. Never this season have we managed to score 30 points in a game and that tells the story of our campaign. In nine games we have NOT managed to score a single point in a half, with a further game when we only scored 2 points.

Us fans have been short changed this year, no question, however a mass boycott is not going to help anyone. The club are looking at trying to bring in a signing or two before the deadline but if we boycott the games how can they afford this??

Eight games to go four of them at home -  it is possible but the BoD need us to turn up and the players must be told in no uncertain terms that the fans need them to turn up also

« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2016, 01:28:15 pm by jammy dodger »
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #31 on: 19 Jul 2016, 03:14:02 pm
Bring back ged stokes :D

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #32 on: 19 Jul 2016, 03:37:57 pm
Us fans have been short changed this year, no question, however a mass boycott is not going to help anyone. The club are looking at trying to bring in a signing or two before the deadline but if we boycott the games how can they afford this??

Eight games to go four of them at home -  it is possible but the BoD need us to turn up and the players must be told in no uncertain terms that the fans need them to turn up also.

Agree  with the 1st paragraph above, fans have been badly let down this season however, I don't think there is a mass boycott mentality just a lot of fans who have had enough of paying good money to see a team not playing at anything like their expected potential and as a consequence have decided to do other things on a match night. You are presuming the board are attempting to bolster the team with short term signings but is there any confirmation of this course of action from the board - no. Likewise fans have been calling for Coyles to be put on gardening leave, the  scaremongers are stating we would lose DR and the players who are in the "Coyles mafia" well a bit of a Brexit moment - who knows but would we any worse off. We have half a team of players who aren't performing or don't want to perform, it looks like their only incentive is to go through the motions and pick up appearance /  losing pay and move on. As for the coach, when I was in management if a guy wasn't performing he was in the boardroom, told why, given a set of targets and if he didn't meet them then Bye Bye (not I hasten to add was this in the nuclear industry).
The board, as well as the players, need to turn up and let the people who have supported this club for many years know exaclty what the situation is and then but only maybe the stay always will return.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #33 on: 19 Jul 2016, 03:59:37 pm

Eight games to go four of them at home -  it is possible but the BoD need us to turn up and the players must be told in no uncertain terms that the fans need them to turn up also.

Agree  with the 1st paragraph above, fans have been badly let down this season however, I don't think there is a mass boycott mentality just a lot of fans who have had enough of paying good money to see a team not playing at anything like their expected potential and as a consequence have decided to do other things on a match night. You are presuming the board are attempting to bolster the team with short term signings but is there any confirmation of this course of action from the board - no. Likewise fans have been calling for Coyles to be put on gardening leave, the  scaremongers are stating we would lose DR and the players who are in the "Coyles mafia" well a bit of a Brexit moment - who knows but would we any worse off. We have half a team of players who aren't performing or don't want to perform, it looks like their only incentive is to go through the motions and pick up appearance /  losing pay and move on. As for the coach, when I was in management if a guy wasn't performing he was in the boardroom, told why, given a set of targets and if he didn't meet them then Bye Bye (not I hasten to add was this in the nuclear industry).
The board, as well as the players, need to turn up and let the people who have supported this club for many years know exaclty what the situation is and then but only maybe the stay always will return.
whose half the players who aren't performing marra don't think any player goes out half hearted that's when you pick up serious injuries maybe it's just a case of with our budget were simply not as good as the other teams in the league hence the reason there's not that many points between town us Swinton Oldham dewsbury who are all on a similar bydgetthe other side Sheffield are a different exception they're on a much bigger budget and are full time.  Batley are what we should all be aiming to be like

Offline colcol

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 19 Jul 2016, 04:05:08 pm
I must be flaming mad , after witnessing Sunday's performance from the team , and vowing that was the season's end for me . Please send me details of the nearest  unit , were they can make a diagnosis of my mental wellbeing . Calmed down a little bit now , so I have had a change of heart , going to attend the match on Saturday . Here's hoping for a better performance and a positive result .

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #35 on: 19 Jul 2016, 04:05:31 pm
I don't think there is a mass boycott mentality - To stop buying as a means of protest or coercion is called a boycott and that is what people on here are saying, especially all those who say they wont be back until JC has gone.

You are presuming the board are attempting to bolster the team with short term signings but is there any confirmation of this course of action from the board - no.
- I take pleasure in informing you that I am not presuming anything regarding this.

Likewise fans have been calling for Coyles to be put on gardening leave, the  scaremongers are stating we would lose DR and the players who are in the "Coyles mafia" well a bit of a Brexit moment - who knows but would we any worse off.
- Without the Widnes connection we would have struggled to field 13 fit players at some points over the past 2 seasons. Who would have played at FB last week without Ince enabling Burns being able to play there? Have resluts picked up since GB came into the club...NO, so to put JC on leave are we guaranteeing positive results? or do we then go to the expense of paying for two head coaches? For me JC should walk, but thats for him to determine.

We have half a team of players who aren't performing or don't want to perform, it looks like their only incentive is to go through the motions and pick up appearance /  losing pay and move on. - We have some poor players however most of them seem to put in 100% effort, its just not enough to get over their lack of ability and seems to ruin their composure

The board, as well as the players, need to turn up and let the people who have supported this club for many years know exaclty what the situation is and then but only maybe the stay always will return
. - The situation seems fairly clear to me, the BoD have decided to carry on as normal as there is no certainty that a change will provide anything better, as lets rememeber, the coach doesn't miss tackles, drop balls, throw stupid passes, consistently take the wrong option, mouth off at the officials, lack require fitness, etc... Yes some of these things the coach should have changed a long time ago (and that has led to his downfall) but once them players cross the line its up to them. Also JC for most of the season has been down to bare bones, meaning not a lot of room to change players around.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #36 on: 20 Jul 2016, 08:48:11 pm
i believe we could have a big crowd . as apparently the rec is a hot spot for pocermons. there is at least 13 on field .

:D :D :D :D
Can't stand Jam, eh!