HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

BOD

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #15 on: 24 Jul 2016, 01:01:21 pm
As a group of directors they are a shambles not willing to put coyles out to grass and happy to watch him with his clueless tactics put us into relegation, people voting these saturday nights by not turning up, what was attendance? bod havent a clue but hey ho they like to put on a show in sponsors lounge...... i fear we have lost sponsors and supporters now who find better ways to spend their weekends than watch that rubbish on the recre, but hey our saving grace will be we get elliot and forster in for the 8's well im sorry even the under 11's can see we need a bloody halfback...... :grrr: :grrr:
Under the previous regime the sponsors lounge ( not the boardroom ) was always bouncing I'm not sure how much they make off the entrance fee but the raffles eg £5 in envelope and the £1 a time raffle where we would raise hands was always a good earner, I would have thought if we were struggling for money this would have been resurrected, but seems no one is bothered with the hassle.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #16 on: 24 Jul 2016, 01:16:54 pm
Did the sponsors lounge not get ruined last year? If so perhaps there just isn't th money to fix it up.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #17 on: 24 Jul 2016, 01:26:53 pm
I don't think so because it was open for the Leigh home game I think.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #18 on: 24 Jul 2016, 01:30:17 pm
I don't think so because it was open for the Leigh home game I think.

Gary barwise got it full for the Batley game last home game and made over £300 on the raffle just not pulling sponsors in
born and bred haven.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 24 Jul 2016, 02:20:15 pm
There is only cotter on the board who has any knowledge of rugby league. All the rest are businessman which is good but you need 2-3 with proper rugby knowledge why not look for another 2 people to help cotter on player and coaching recruitment

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #20 on: 24 Jul 2016, 02:31:02 pm
Who on the Liverpool BoD or man utd, etc have, as you call it, proper football knowledge? A coaching team is paid to provide that not the BoD. It's their job to ensure the coachingg staff have the resources to put together a good enough squad to meet their objectives
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 24 Jul 2016, 03:11:49 pm
Who on the Liverpool BoD or man utd, etc have, as you call it, proper football knowledge? A coaching team is paid to provide that not the BoD. It's their job to ensure the coachingg staff have the resources to put together a good enough squad to meet their objectives

David Gill used to do it for United, Peter Kenyon used to, Steve Walsh at Leicester found players to help them win the league last year, Spurs have a guy who does it can't think of his name

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #22 on: 24 Jul 2016, 03:20:28 pm
Walsh was not on the BoD and as far as I'm aware the others you mention weren't pro footballers

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 24 Jul 2016, 03:47:24 pm
Walsh was not on the BoD and as far as I'm aware the others you mention weren't pro footballers

Who said anything about them being pro? I said rugby knowledge Ron batty had rugby knowledge on the previous board as did kenny Shep! Cotter has it he's never been pro he's been semi pro!

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #24 on: 24 Jul 2016, 04:12:33 pm
I was being relative to their status, both clubs I mentioned are pro.

You will have to remind me the heights we reached (while keeping within our mean) that the regimes you mention achieved. Even our mid 2000s team ended up pushing us into admin

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 24 Jul 2016, 06:28:36 pm

You will have to remind me the heights we reached (while keeping within our mean) that the regimes you mention achieved. Even our mid 2000s team ended up pushing us into admin

Grand final 2004
League winners 2005 and grand final 2005
Semi finals 2006 within seconds of another final

Best we've done for years with good players brought in

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 24 Jul 2016, 06:33:58 pm

Grand final 2004
League winners 2005 and grand final 2005
Semi finals 2006 within seconds of another final

Best we've done for years with good players brought in
2007 Northern Rail cup finalists and quite a few semifinals aswell

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #27 on: 24 Jul 2016, 07:10:40 pm
And what happened when we tried to sustain that period with those people still in charge??

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #28 on: 24 Jul 2016, 07:24:50 pm
I don’t think there’s any money left in the club, and we are reliant on the good will of one or maybe two local benefactors now.
We are probably on the absolute edge of going bust at the moment, and so the BOD have to be very careful, both financially and with respect to making changes.

The judgement to be made by our BOD is simply that, will getting shot of Coyles make us even more vulnerable financially, and also vulnerable with respect to players making themselves available, (or not).

As an example, todays situation is directly opposite to the one the BOD faced when getting rid of Ged. Then he had lost the changeroom, for some reason apparently Coyle has not, and so some / certain players may be ‘his men’and support him. We are already a ‘bare bones’ squad and so at this point the BOD can’t afford to do anything which would cause 4, 5 or more players to pack in or just ‘stop playing’. (Perhaps turning out but not giving anything I mean). Then there's his link with the DR arrangements with Widnes....would that arrangement persist or not ?

I like to think I support our BOD, but they have to admit that they have got us into this mess, probably by lack of appropriate action at the right time.

We are short of players, but having said that the ones we have are all individually capable enough, but don’t play anywhere near their potential as a team........and that has to be down to us having an ineffectual coach.

Coyle has had a whole season to sort himself and the team out, and as of today has only manage to deliver the worst performing team in our league......to me that means he has to go, but only if by doing that we don’t ruin the club at the same point in time.

None of us want relegation, but that and re-building from the bottom up has to be better than us going out of existence.
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2016, 02:30:42 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 24 Jul 2016, 07:56:48 pm
What I can't understand is we have a wealth of amateur talent why won't any of these players make the step up. 10 years ago we had the likes of rudd jacko eilbeck calvert, teare, Matty, shacks plus 1 or 2 others. We hardly seem to sign locals now although that might be due due to the amount of travellers we have.