HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

BOD

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #30 on: 24 Jul 2016, 08:08:33 pm
Because donkeys are being paid 15-20k a year to train once possibly twice a week.  Locals are offered no where near that.  Fox and Burns should be the first two of the first names on the team sheet on this year's performances yet only get picked in a crisis.

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #31 on: 24 Jul 2016, 08:16:36 pm
When the likes of Matty Calvert, Shacks Eilbeck and on and on signed they played week in week out with the A team if not selected for the first team, plus the amount of ex super league players released from there clubs and now playing in the championship doesn't help, I've said it before, the youngsters want to play rugby not just sit around and train and work out in the gym, times have changed and its only a small minority now that have ambitions of play rugby for their home town club.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #32 on: 24 Jul 2016, 08:52:19 pm
When the likes of Matty Calvert, Shacks Eilbeck and on and on signed they played week in week out with the A team if not selected for the first team, plus the amount of ex super league players released from there clubs and now playing in the championship doesn't help, I've said it before, the youngsters want to play rugby not just sit around and train and work out in the gym, times have changed and its only a small minority now that have ambitions of play rugby for their home town club.

Thing is then the team was made up of locals and Kiwis like fats Leroy and lester. There were very few travellers. Last few years if it wasn't for them we wouldn't be able to put out a team. 

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #33 on: 25 Jul 2016, 08:22:07 am
That's because of the removal of the A team, we understand the finical implication but it gave the club good player numbers and gave us a way of fetching local players in to the club and let them play every week,

Offline fazza

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 25 Jul 2016, 08:24:46 am

Under the previous regime the sponsors lounge ( not the boardroom ) was always bouncing I'm not sure how much they make off the entrance fee but the raffles eg £5 in envelope and the £1 a time raffle where we would raise hands was always a good earner, I would have thought if we were struggling for money this would have been resurrected, but seems no one is bothered with the hassle.

The previous regime was down to me as Business Developement Manager for the club between 2011 and 2015 .During this time I built up a growing potfolio of Business Clients earning a significant five figure income for the club .

Last season Every one of the 11 Championship home games has a match sponsor ,and in 4 of those 11 games the Gary Purdham Suite was SOLD OUT .

When Tom Todd took over as Chair in April 2015  we had a couple of meeting and I was subsequently informed in writing from the Chairman that for 2016 the BOD would review roles and responsibilities at the club and I would be informed of the outcome in due course .

In October 2015 I received a further letter from the Chairman on behalf of the BOD informaing  me that forthwith the Post of Business Development Manager would be made redundant and this job would now  be done " In House " .

I leave people to draw their own conclusions as to what has gone wrong with the Sponsors Lounge for 2016

I make no further comment other than to say that two of the clients I brought to the club have spoke with  me directly this season as no contact from the club had been made , needless to say they told me that they would not wish to sponsor the club if they could not be bothered to get in touch .

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #35 on: 25 Jul 2016, 10:29:00 am
Cheers for that fazza, disappointing.

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #36 on: 25 Jul 2016, 10:40:35 am
Fazza.
Most informative and very disappointing.
I'm sure you take no pleasure in the current state of affairs, seeing your hard working going down the pan due to apathy by the board. Unfortunately this is just another illustration of the mis-management by the present board especially in light of the statement regarding the large amount of money given to ( and wasted) by JC.

Offline Casperjack

• Academy Star
Reply #37 on: 25 Jul 2016, 11:02:23 am
If you truly love the club Dave why not offer to come back as a volunteer....just a thought?

Offline fazza

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 25 Jul 2016, 11:31:00 am
If you truly love the club Dave why not offer to come back as a volunteer....just a thought?

What as Casperjack ? The jobs I used to do are are  being done "In House" so can't really see how I could get involved in any meaningful way !

You or the BOD could maybe make a suggestion and I would be happy to consider !

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #39 on: 25 Jul 2016, 11:54:03 am
a lot on here dont see what actually goes on behind the scenes  before gary mark tony and cotter in and put a lot of money and effort into it. i for one was also calling for coyle to go at the weekend as i beleive he shouldnt of announced he was going until after the 8s we havnt won since blackpool. we then have amanda and marc working hard and our chairman who most nights is out collecting lottery money or other stuff for this club. we as fans have to stick with it and back them and if the worst unthinkable happens going down work to make sure we get right back up support groups can all contribute and fans any ideas all welcome. COME ON HAVEN
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2016, 02:47:44 pm by haven94 »
born and bred haven.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #40 on: 25 Jul 2016, 12:28:51 pm
Gonna get shot here but I believe the time as come to merge both teams have got good squads and paid a bit of coin and look where we are bottom 2 in the league . One club well run with a reserve and academy team is the only way forward I reckon if we wanna be finishing in the top 4 every year and having a blast at getting into super league

Offline Topfan

• Academy Signing
Reply #41 on: 25 Jul 2016, 12:54:29 pm
a lot on here dont see what actually goes on behind the scenes. this club was on its arse before gary mark tony and cotter in and put a lot of money and effort into it. i for one was also calling for coyle to go at the weekend as i beleive he shouldnt of announced he was going until after the 8s we havnt won since blackpool. we then have amanda and marc working hard and our chairman who most nights is out collecting lottery money or other stuff for this club. we as fans have to stick with it and back them and if the worst unthinkable happens going down work to make sure we get right back up support groups can all contribute and fans any ideas all welcome. COME ON HAVEN

Haven94  your talking crap  there mate , the club was in a far better place when Barry Richardson left as CEO why does the chairman need to collect lottery money ? What a total waste of the guys time !!!If he is  out every night he shouls be speaking to potential new  players and sponsors , if money has been put in by those currently in charge then they are literally paying for their own mistakes . .

Its no good getting behind something that going in the wrong direction ,

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #42 on: 25 Jul 2016, 12:57:21 pm
a lot on here dont see what actually goes on behind the scenes. this club was on its arse before gary mark tony and cotter in and put a lot of money and effort into it. i for one was also calling for coyle to go at the weekend as i beleive he shouldnt of announced he was going until after the 8s we havnt won since blackpool. we then have amanda and marc working hard and our chairman who most nights is out collecting lottery money or other stuff for this club. we as fans have to stick with it and back them and if the worst unthinkable happens going down work to make sure we get right back up support groups can all contribute and fans any ideas all welcome. COME ON HAVEN
On its arse ? Was it ? Didn't realise things were so bad

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #43 on: 25 Jul 2016, 01:11:43 pm
Haven94  your talking crap  there mate , the club was in a far better place when Barry Richardson left as CEO why does the chairman need to collect lottery money ? What a total waste of the guys time !!!If he is  out every night he shouls be speaking to potential new  players and sponsors , if money has been put in by those currently in charge then they are literally paying for their own mistakes . .

Its no good getting behind something that going in the wrong direction ,

« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2016, 03:02:14 pm by haven94 »
born and bred haven.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #44 on: 25 Jul 2016, 01:30:35 pm
I can assure you that the BOD know that things are in a mess, (who wouldn’t realise that given our league, financial, team performance, playing strength and coach position).
I can also assure you that on a day by day basis they are working to try to sort it out. However, as I said in an earlier post, everything is in a critical position now,.....and to do the right thing wrongly, or the wrong with the best intentions just now and the whole ‘pack of cards’ could simply tumble to the floor as it were. (The club could fail). No one I hope and expect wants that.
IMO, the future of the club is now in the players hands, will they, (or sufficient of them),to a man, put everything on the line over the next seven matches for the club, and so try to save the club,....and do that irrespective of what hard decision(s) the BOD are forced to make ? (Irrespective however does not include cutting players contract arrangements to save money).
If the BOD knew the players would commit, then they could and would be able to make some key but risky decisions, which may give us improved performances for the rest of the season. We may still be relegated, (hope not), but at least we could be seen to be turning the corner, ready for next season.
Town have kept their coach, and done something similar, and it’s worked for them.
We however need to be well shot of ours........so to make a fresh start now, with a group of players committed to a new coach is all we ask of the BOD and playing staff.
In other words......it obviously aint working now, and hasn’t for some considerable time....so try to secure the clubs future by doing something positive about the cause of our problems, and if that’s the coach then get shot now.       
Just a few years ago, we were in a pretty similar position to this, and Jamie Rooney led the players into a commitment which boiled down to.....’Let’s forget about problems, issues and what’s gone before, and just concentrate on ‘putting it all in’ to avoid relegation’.......the players followed his lead and the rest is history.
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2016, 01:33:22 pm by cbandg01 »