Town v Haven (21.8.16) - Your View

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #30 on: 21 Aug 2016, 05:55:44 pm
Anyone hear today's gate?

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #31 on: 21 Aug 2016, 05:58:17 pm
Radiotoo busy harping on about Town this , town that . Radio Cumbria should be neutral in a derby .
Agree John Gibson doesn't like us but his side kick today was even worse,no praise for haven ,quick to have a go at anything and everything,blaming everything town did wrong on Phillips having to go off,even charisma didn't use that excuse ,after saying haven were the better team charisma chose to blame the ref :D
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #32 on: 21 Aug 2016, 06:02:15 pm
Radiotoo busy harping on about Town this , town that . Radio Cumbria should be neutral in a derby .
Agree John Gibson doesn't like us but his side kick today was even worse,no praise for haven ,quick to have a go at anything and everything,blaming everything town did wrong on Phillips having to go off,even charisma didn't use that excuse ,after saying haven were the better team charisma chose to blame the ref :D
you must have had a different station on to me 
We all hate town,and we all hate town

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #33 on: 21 Aug 2016, 06:04:09 pm
No same one ,never mentioned the sin bin ,then said Davies was coming back in as a interchange
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #34 on: 21 Aug 2016, 06:12:40 pm

No same one ,never mentioned the sin bin ,then said Davies was coming back in as a interchange
So how is that having a go at Haven,his more experienced main match commentator also missed it,I thought P.Smith was fair,identified both sides weaknesses,of which there was quire a few and gave credit where credit was due.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #35 on: 21 Aug 2016, 06:14:35 pm
Heard Sheffield are pulling out tomorrow. Which would mean anyone who's picked up points v them losing them

They said that they would finish the season

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #36 on: 21 Aug 2016, 06:22:42 pm
Has anyone mentioned 4-1 this season
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #37 on: 21 Aug 2016, 06:25:04 pm
Were being very petty winging about commentary. Who really cares. We won but it summed up our season. We had an easy lead but almost let it slip. Big question mark on fitness. Had we seen out games from a comfortable lead we wouldn't be in this position (Oldham Swinton ).  If more players turned up for regular training sessions who knows ???

That said this win gives us a massive confidence booster and we need to kick on. Next game is Fax and they were beaten at home today. I can see no reason why we can't do the sane. We all need to get behind the side and get as many fans down there Monday. We can do this

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #38 on: 21 Aug 2016, 06:32:00 pm
think the BOD should get a family fun day sorted for Halifax. £20 quid for 4, bouncy castle etc.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #39 on: 21 Aug 2016, 06:35:59 pm
Try and win the fans back would be a massive start today helped with the win but any offer they could give would massively benefit fans and the club

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #40 on: 21 Aug 2016, 06:40:05 pm
Try and win the fans back would be a massive start today helped with the win but any offer they could give would massively benefit fans and the club

Winning the lost diehards back would be a start, doesn't take much to get that buzz back.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #41 on: 21 Aug 2016, 07:18:00 pm
think the BOD should get a family fun day sorted for Halifax. £20 quid for 4, bouncy castle etc.

Defo agree with that pal. BOD really need to sell this game. Cut price tickets etc etc. 10 years ago when we won the Championship we were getting 3000+. I doubt very much we will get the same for this but what an atmosphere if we did.  If that can't lift the players nothing will.

Offline HavenMarra7

• Academy Star
  • 2005 League Winners
Reply #42 on: 21 Aug 2016, 07:18:38 pm
Was my first game back for a few months as I've almost totally lost interest, however even if we do go down which lets be honest 95% will happen, we've got good enough players to get us back the next season, the likes of Forster, Miller, Maca, Calvert, Holiday, Burns etc

Offline cityofneworleans

• Academy Signing
Reply #43 on: 21 Aug 2016, 08:10:51 pm
Anyone hear today's gate?
[/qu

1350 ish

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #44 on: 21 Aug 2016, 09:06:16 pm
I need to say this........a win today shows the team have had the bottle and desire to play for the town and the shirt....but some one has been screwing up for a few weeks. If only the BOD had had the same bottle and acted earlier we may have been in a far better position than we are now.

Still....today and any decent display from now until the end of season I will put down to POSITIVE player power. Well done haven players.