HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Doncaster Saved

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
on: 13 Jun 2007, 01:00:48 pm
http://www.thestar.co.uk/doncaster-sport?articleid=2949419

That's great news for Doncaster. They will be really fired up for the match on Friday now and will be wanting to cause an upset!

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2007, 01:20:38 pm
Great news for them. I am happy for them and their fans. Hate seeing clubs going down the pan. But like you say they will be up for turning us over big time now. Lets hope all our lads give 100%.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2007, 01:40:20 pm
Doncaster saved yes, the same club no. If you read the Official Statement, the original Lakers no longer exist, so there debts go with them.

They are now running a new club which will also be called Doncaster Lakers, but be debt free.

You would think they had got advice of Maurice Lindsay, i thoought he was the only bloke who could pull a stunt like this.

TW

« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2007, 01:43:33 pm by HavenWarrior »

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2007, 02:18:22 pm
Doncaster saved yes, the same club no. If you read the Official Statement, the original Lakers no longer exist, so there debts go with them.

They are now running a new club which will also be called Doncaster Lakers, but be debt free.

You would think they had got advice of Maurice Lindsay, i thoought he was the only bloke who could pull a stunt like this.

TW

thats some accusation you are making there!
hope you've got proof :D
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good