HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Sheffield Eagles

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #45 on: 05 Oct 2016, 12:09:31 pm
Just read a bit about sheffield and it says if the players wave away the 3 months pay that they are owed the RFL would then bail the club out .....outrageous if you ask me also in the same bit it says bradford and huddersfield are also up the shi77er

Bradford are struggling financially but I doubt Huddersfiekd are

the giants dont get big gates always looks empty on tv.
born and bred haven.

Offline theyrealloffref

• Academy Star
Reply #46 on: 05 Oct 2016, 12:41:50 pm
its better to concentrate on your own club and its rebuild than to hope another club folds in order to grab a place back at where you failed to be in .

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #47 on: 05 Oct 2016, 07:01:06 pm
I live in Huddersfield within a mile of the ground and I rarely meet folk that  either actually watch Town or Fartown. It's a bit like any other sporting area in that folk are only interested when their local team are up there. Even now in Huddersfield with their team on top of the Championship they don't seem right bothered. Still that's it if your not talking billions nowt much matters and I mean billions. Such is the society we live in now.
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #48 on: 05 Oct 2016, 07:56:07 pm
Just read a bit about sheffield and it says if the players wave away the 3 months pay that they are owed the RFL would then bail the club out .....outrageous if you ask me also in the same bit it says bradford and huddersfield are also up the shi77er

Bradford are struggling financially but I doubt Huddersfiekd are

the giants dont get big gates always looks empty on tv.

Their gates are disappointing but the stadium deal us a "good one" and their owner is worth a bob or 2

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #50 on: 06 Oct 2016, 07:29:17 pm
Now their player's are saying what's gone on also. Doesn't look good for Sheffield.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #51 on: 06 Oct 2016, 07:41:11 pm
I can see Toronto replacing them
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #52 on: 06 Oct 2016, 07:54:17 pm
Can't see them going bust plus financially were not in the best position to stay up if they did maybe the extra 75k would help but I think we're better off in champ1 for a season or 2 to rebuild but there's no way Toronto deserve to automatically go right into the champ unless the rfl offer the champ1 teams a financial sweetener

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #53 on: 06 Oct 2016, 08:59:28 pm
Can't see them going bust plus financially were not in the best position to stay up if they did maybe the extra 75k would help but I think we're better off in champ1 for a season or 2 to rebuild but there's no way Toronto deserve to automatically go right into the champ unless the rfl offer the champ1 teams a financial sweetener

200k to each club would be peanuts to Toronto and a massive to all clubs. Wishful thinking though.