HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Great News about New Stand

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
on: 13 Jun 2007, 08:34:31 pm
Whitehaven have submitted planning applications for 2 new grandstands to be sited either side of the current B+H stand.
This will bring a total of 1500 seats to the ground.
This is a go it alone project and a total of ?300,000 is needed to bring this to fruition.
Supporters  are being asked to 'donate a seat' to the tune of ?100 with a plaque on the seat bearing the supporters name to help raise ?100k of the ?300k needed.
The club are confident that tyhe money will be raised.

No doubt more details will follow

Hope this plan succeeds

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2007, 08:45:47 pm
If we are season ticket holders and donate this money, does that guarantee us that seating position with our name on will be ours to use? and if we pay more  do we get a better seating position?

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2007, 09:30:56 pm
Thats great well done. Be a good idea for collections at gates and maybe at the weekend ahead on the dock

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2007, 11:46:17 pm
wooooooohoooooooooo ill have to get a job and buy a seat ;D
haven till i die

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2007, 12:21:07 am
The support group will have a stall on Marlborough street on sat and sunday of the maritime festival.  Fans who wish to buy a seat can do so at the stall.  You can pay in full or sign up to pay by instalments. 

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #5 on: 14 Jun 2007, 12:27:03 am
The support group will have a stall on Marlborough street on sat and sunday of the maritime festival.  Fans who wish to buy a seat can do so at the stall.  You can pay in full or sign up to pay by instalments. 

Like I asked above Champ, Will that be our own personal seat if we are season ticket holders, It will make a big difference to if I will buy one or not.

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 14 Jun 2007, 12:31:30 am
You buy the seat and your name goes on it.  If you want that as your seat every season then you can buy a season ticket and it is yours for the season.

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2007, 12:36:53 am
That sounds good then,

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #8 on: 14 Jun 2007, 12:55:52 am
 I wasn't very forward thinking ages ago and decided to go to Ireland this weekend - not knowing this weekend was the Maritime festival! Doh! I suppose you can sign up for this at the ground another day?
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 14 Jun 2007, 07:52:39 am
I wasn't very forward thinking ages ago and decided to go to Ireland this weekend - not knowing this weekend was the Maritime festival! Doh! I suppose you can sign up for this at the ground another day?
Any time marra match day or Mon to Fri 9 till 2 at the ground.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 14 Jun 2007, 09:44:41 am

dont worry havendan
do u honestly think we can sell 1000 of these seats in 2 dyas at the marratime festival??

its time for everyone who said they would buy to go out and buy!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 14 Jun 2007, 09:46:41 am
Well hopefully mrs exile will be purchasing mine over the weekend.
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #12 on: 14 Jun 2007, 10:38:29 am

dont worry havendan
do u honestly think we can sell 1000 of these seats in 2 dyas at the marratime festival??

its time for everyone who said they would buy to go out and buy!

Good point.  :D
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer

popularsider

Reply #14 on: 14 Jun 2007, 05:22:23 pm
must admit IF we get these 2 stands and the look exact like the artists impression i will be prouder of are ground.

but we stil need the toilets and club sorted hopefully they wil be done during the off season champ??

then if we can get the other 2 sides sorted that will be excellent  are plans stil around for them champ?