HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Official Squad 2017

Brow Lad · 182 · 12386

Offline the spy

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 30 Sep 2016, 06:17:10 am
Brow lads turned us down this week, don't know if kells and egremont have done the same .

Offline eck

• Academy Signing
Reply #31 on: 30 Sep 2016, 08:10:12 am
Coz they don't want to play for a kid that's why they aren't re-signing. 24. Really hope it works out and trying to be positive but I think this has disaster written all over it.

They wouldn't sign for Gailer, Woods or Coyle either so I suspect the problem lies deeper than that? :(

Offline Haven n Proud

• Academy Star
Reply #32 on: 30 Sep 2016, 08:56:06 am
Coz they don't want to play for a kid that's why they aren't re-signing. 24. Really hope it works out and trying to be positive but I think this has disaster written all over it.
Nothing to do with playing for a kid, what a stupid comment. Everyone knows the only reason is down to money. You really think all locals would turn down a decent signing on fee? Get real, we have no money to offer anyone, if we were to be took over by a millionaire I could guarantee every local would be knocking on the door asking to sign  :bow:

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #33 on: 30 Sep 2016, 09:01:04 am
Brow lads turned us down this week, don't know if kells and egremont have done the same .

Festivals, Holidays , Family , Drink and then Rugby. Thats the priorities of a lot of the young players. 

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #34 on: 30 Sep 2016, 09:02:29 am

:shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:

They wouldn't sign for Gailer, Woods or Coyle either so I suspect the problem lies deeper than that? :(
born and bred haven.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #35 on: 30 Sep 2016, 09:22:07 am

Festivals, Holidays , Family , Drink and then Rugby. Thats the priorities of a lot of the young players.

There an article in the star today about the state of Cumbrian rugby league. The amature game is on its ares as well seaton And maryport have both packed in
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #36 on: 30 Sep 2016, 10:19:24 am
Can you give me a link to that article please?
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #37 on: 30 Sep 2016, 10:24:35 am
Can you give me a link to that article please?

Its not on the web page sorry i read it in the paper its the 2nd such article in as many weeks if it comes on i will post it

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #38 on: 30 Sep 2016, 10:26:53 am

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #39 on: 30 Sep 2016, 11:01:44 am
Cheers Rockerlad
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #41 on: 30 Sep 2016, 02:53:42 pm
That's the one

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #42 on: 30 Sep 2016, 03:31:12 pm

Big decision needed now. Who's got the  :o :o to do it???

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #43 on: 30 Sep 2016, 04:26:29 pm

There an article in the star today about the state of Cumbrian rugby league. The amature game is on its ares as well seaton And maryport have both packed in
The 3 Copeland NCL clubs still seem to be in good shape,with pretty good youth programs,Hensingham seem to moving forward after several years in the doldrums,Distington have a good side but no youth structure,but for some reason Allerdale teams really are struggling,the RFL really do need to put some investment into West Cumbria startingwith youth development officers to try and get more kids playing the game.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #44 on: 30 Sep 2016, 04:27:49 pm
Seaton and maryport both have godd youth set ups. Also been a few times brow haven't been able to raise a 2nd side.