HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Karl Olstrum

Amanda · 44 · 2404

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #15 on: 14 Oct 2016, 07:28:49 pm
He's only going to miss the i pro games at the start of the season. This signing excites me. Sod Toronto I want to win this league and why can't we
   Whitehaven and Toronto have very strong squads but both teams have to gel to be competitive, I thought there was a limit on how many overseas players you could have, Toronto's squad is made up with a hell of a lot of English players that makes them overseas players, just saying. :nod: :nod: :nod:

Offline HavenMarra7

• Academy Star
  • 2005 League Winners
Reply #16 on: 14 Oct 2016, 07:35:57 pm
Fail to see how it's a bad signing, everytime Ive watched Karl he's been one of the best on the pitch, maybe does need to calm down a bit but he's 25 and has plenty time on his side, one for the future too and another Whitehaven lad

Offline just me

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 14 Oct 2016, 07:49:44 pm
Not as sure as some on this one sorry  :witch:

Offline recrelad

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 14 Oct 2016, 07:52:49 pm
Same here. Bit of a loose cannon but prepared to give the lad a chance.

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #19 on: 14 Oct 2016, 07:56:13 pm
Come on fellas what about other teams and their players who play right on the border line. Gaz Hock, Ben Flower, Ben Westwood etc. All quality players and their fans back them so just give Karl a chance and he'll be top class.

Offline just me

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 14 Oct 2016, 08:43:54 pm
Sorry mate but to put Karl Olstrum in the same sentence as them lads nooooooooo waaaaaay.
Never seen him make break through yet ..A local Tyler Hepi that's all.
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2016, 08:48:14 pm by just me »

Offline roxy274

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 14 Oct 2016, 10:22:02 pm
Fozz will take no messing about and I would expect him to have already told Karl the score - WOW !!! squad is looking top drawer. I have heard a rumour games are played on a Saturday next year in champ 1 - can anyone confirm ?

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #22 on: 14 Oct 2016, 10:26:07 pm
Fozz will take no messing about and I would expect him to have already told Karl the score - WOW !!! squad is looking top drawer. I have heard a rumour games are played on a Saturday next year in champ 1 - can anyone confirm ?

I think we're going back to Sundays marra i know barrow are staying with Saturdays
born and bred haven.

Offline roxy274

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 14 Oct 2016, 10:31:34 pm

I think we're going back to Sundays marra i know barrow are staying with Saturdays

Thank god for that - suppose they had to try something last year and you cant knock teams from trying something new and good on the BOD for reverting back - Barrow sticking to Saturdays ?? they only played three games on a Saturday last year and that was away at London twice and Tolouse
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2016, 10:36:29 pm by roxy274 »

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #24 on: 14 Oct 2016, 10:51:02 pm

Thank god for that - suppose they had to try something last year and you cant knock teams from trying something new and good on the BOD for reverting back - Barrow sticking to Saturdays ?? they only played three games on a Saturday last year and that was away at London twice and Tolouse
The year before did they not play every Saturday 6.30 heard this season doing the same
born and bred haven.

Offline denisatesk

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 15 Oct 2016, 01:15:23 am
in my opinion 2 of our best siginings for next season are shacks and olstrom ,had we had these 2 lads last season I feel sure we would have been pushing for promotion rather than relegation.
I think that carl is doing a fantastic job in squad building with 100% support from the best bod we have had in year's .
I only hope that ALL fans get behind the CLUB next season and support the club In whatever way they can,be it sponsorship ie,300 club trust in haven  and moreso the  vice president's club pride of five's and not forgetting season ticket's all of these groups and initiatives are the reason that we can continue as a club and have done such a fantastic job with the squad recruitment for next season.
well done to shaun/des/fazza (trust in haven ) for your fundraising so far ,keep up the good work.
we can't wait for the season to start (we have renewed our passport's )

WELL DONE TO THE BOD FOR THE EFFICEINCY WITH THE IMPRESSIVE SQUAD BUILDING FOR NEXT SEASON KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.

« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2016, 01:49:30 am by denisatesk »

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 15 Oct 2016, 07:45:50 am
Fantastic post Marra

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #27 on: 15 Oct 2016, 07:49:15 am

We are playing on Sunday's this season
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #28 on: 15 Oct 2016, 07:51:16 am
Great news

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #29 on: 15 Oct 2016, 08:02:01 am
Great post Dennis the club needs us all behind the great work there all doing
born and bred haven.