HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Troy Armstrong Joins for 2017

Offline Amanda

• First Team Backup
on: 17 Oct 2016, 07:58:52 am
The club is again delighted to get the services of Kells player Troy Armstrong. Troy is a quick lively player especially about the ruck and will add extra pace and dimension to our game. Coach Forster said "Troy is a live wire and his speed and quick thinking will certainly blend in with recent signings. He is also raring to go and he very sensibly sees signing for us as a natural progression in his career on leaving Kells. It's nice to see and hear that some young amateur players are willing to commit to the next level of Rugby. If only we had an intermediate level, I know this is something that in the medium term the BOD are wanting to bring in but of course it's an expensive step and needs a lot of consideration and funding. Signing players like Troy are the club's future and blending youth and experience with some of our Lancashire players will give the club a great platform to build on" whilst football committee director Mark Stamper added "I am so glad we have added another amateur to our set up, it goes without saying how grateful we are to clubs like Kells who dedicate so much work into young players in order to help them enhance their careers". 

Troy said on joining Haven 'I'm Really looking forward to playing for my home town club and being given this massive opportunity, I loved every minute playing for Distington at open age and felt that playing for Kells where I started out at youth was a natural progression as I wanted to test my self in the NCL, this is another progression from that level and I'm looking forward to getting into training and being in a professional environment. I'd like to thank both Carl Hewer and Gary for there guidance at Distington and both Peter Smith and Mark Ryan at kells'.

Amanda Hewer G.M.
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2016, 08:21:05 am by Amanda »

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2016, 08:03:17 am
Well done again another top local player ,squad shaping up nicely
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2016, 09:47:41 am
another local welcome to haven troy
born and bred haven.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2016, 09:52:08 am
Good luck marra teams getting better and better

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 17 Oct 2016, 03:41:54 pm
Welcome aboard marra. The hard work begins now and I'm sure you will give it your best shot. Squad is looking good.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 17 Oct 2016, 04:45:01 pm
Looks like a good player is he any good they reckon he's a very fast hooker any info ?

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 17 Oct 2016, 04:58:42 pm
Class signing for haven gutted he's left Kells though. Will do well for haven very quick out of the ruck outplayed lucock when Kells played brow last game of the season

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 17 Oct 2016, 05:02:27 pm
Sounds awesome Marra hooker is where we have struggled the last few years esp with teams with pace like town with Callum so I'm looking farward to swing him and newts rip it up

Offline colcol

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 18 Oct 2016, 01:17:12 am
Great news another local lad  :)